R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Exhaust thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 12:28 PM
cstrumol
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Exhaust thoughts...

So I will be picking up my Milltek 2.5" catless DP this weekend and was pondering the rest of my exhaust setup. This is a DD so don't want to go wild but can handle some volume just without highway drone. Was thinking of swapping second cat to a high flow (I'd like to keep some emissions scrubbing in action) and keeping the rest of the stock exhaust. Am I shooting myself in the foot not upgrading from the second cat back? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Currently have intake and JB+ installed. Car will be going stage 2 by end of summer with Manic tune and supporting mods.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:20 PM
mattyb13
3rd Gear
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
@cstrumol how is the JB+ working with the intake? I have the JB+ currently. Sprint Booster is soon, then the intake. Thx

Old 01-13-2017, 06:22 AM
cstrumol
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mattyb13
@cstrumol how is the JB+ working with the intake? I have the JB+ currently. Sprint Booster is soon, then the intake. Thx

So far so good with the JB+, I just installed Tuesday night. I am reaching 15psi via my Scangauge in 3rd and 4th gear so appears to be working. What I find most notable is the increase in drivability. Yes, the car feels a little better, nothing earth shattering, but in normal driving around 2-3k rpms, the increase in torque has made my shifting smoother and car just feels healthier. I'd go for intake before sprint booster. Intake will offer some performance gains but the smile that comes across your face when you hear the turbo spooling and DV valve open is worth more to me. I just hit the sport button every time I get in the car and that gives me enough throttle response for daily driving.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:37 PM
E-ROXSPIN
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cstrumol
So far so good with the JB+, I just installed Tuesday night. I am reaching 15psi via my Scangauge in 3rd and 4th gear so appears to be working. What I find most notable is the increase in drivability. Yes, the car feels a little better, nothing earth shattering, but in normal driving around 2-3k rpms, the increase in torque has made my shifting smoother and car just feels healthier. I'd go for intake before sprint booster. Intake will offer some performance gains but the smile that comes across your face when you hear the turbo spooling and DV valve open is worth more to me. I just hit the sport button every time I get in the car and that gives me enough throttle response for daily driving.

Totally agree... I sold my sprint booster immediately after installing the JB+. An Intake will increase sound. However, very few will increase performance; unless you get a DOS intake

Old 01-14-2017, 07:20 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
I can tell you the DP with the complete Milltek Exhaust sounds great, actually better than I thought it would and well worth it. Plus it is a complete exhaust going all the way back.
https://www.waymotorworks.com/countr...k-exhaust.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more