R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Koopa RS - a few pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 08:34 AM
Mini-b10
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mini///M
I want your Countryman. Looks so good. Thank you man
Thanks man...any time you wish to trade let me know. Where are you at in NY? Im up in New England now and will be making trips back and forth to NYC & CT pretty often. I love to your car in person. It's DAMN SHARP!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Inkw8ll
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't even realize you're in NY. Do you come out to meets?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Fesljummet
1st Gear
Nice car !!!

Where did you get those double reverse/fog lights?

Old 05-23-2013, 02:17 PM
RoyalCooper
3rd Gear
Love the WHOLE look

The A panels are my fav... Great work.

I had a few question but as I read thru most were answered, except:
what tow hook is that and where did you get it?

Again, awesome job !!!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sujithj87
Diggin' the Signal Green and Red combo. Looking real nice. And I see that you're running on Hankooks. How are they and which one is it?
Thank you! These are Ventus Evo V12. They have been great so far. Really cheap and great performance. TireRack gave me a great deal. I'd recommend them for sure.
Originally Posted by Mini-b10
Thanks man...any time you wish to trade let me know. Where are you at in NY? Im up in New England now and will be making trips back and forth to NYC & CT pretty often. I love to your car in person. It's DAMN SHARP!
I'm in and out of the country a lot but if you are around shoot me a PM. I'm always down to meet people. I'm guessing you are going to MOT, I wish I could make it
Originally Posted by Inkw8ll
I didn't even realize you're in NY. Do you come out to meets?
I'd love to but I'm not around all the time. This weekend would be great but I don't think there are any. I'd love to see that GP2
Originally Posted by Fesljummet
Nice car !!!
Where did you get those double reverse/fog lights?
Thanks fesl. They are an OEM part. I got them from my local dealer but Way and some other vendors sell them too. Looks so much better symmetrically but also a little extra visibility.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/driver-...7-r58-r59.html

Originally Posted by RoyalCooper
Love the WHOLE look
The A panels are my fav... Great work.
I had a few question but as I read thru most were answered, except:
what tow hook is that and where did you get it?
Again, awesome job !!!
Thanks Royal! I appreciate that. I was going to buy an aftermarket tow hook but just didn't comfortable using a two-piece like most sell. I just pulled out the OEM hook from the trunk and painted it with Red high-temp caliper paint because its pretty strong. I just masked off the thread part and stuck the hook into a piece of foam (like what comes in TV boxes) and sprayed it up. It came out perfect and gives me exactly what I wanted for basically nothing.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
I hate you and your life. I'm very jealous

Old 05-24-2013, 09:41 AM
k_h_d
6th Gear
Very nice, live that color. What are you sourcing thr GP2 parts like the diffuser and red brake ducts.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Agbullet25
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
What taillights do you have M?

Old 05-24-2013, 01:59 PM
RoyalCooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by k_h_d
Very nice, live that color. What are you sourcing for GP2 parts like the diffuser and red brake ducts.
I found some great deals online at Sewell Mini...they offer a NAM discount on some items too if you sign up on their site and then are signed in to NAM. Brandon is a great guy and can order what you don't see online.

But you can find a few things here:

http://mini.sewellparts.com/accessor...SLCI-2012.html

Old 05-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Mini-b10
4th Gear
I'm in and out of the country a lot but if you are around shoot me a PM. I'm always down to meet people. I'm guessing you are going to MOT, I wish I could make it
Yeah heading to MOT for only the day. There is an event that Mini of Boston is putting on in October called Minis in the foliage at Stratton Mountain in the weekend of Oct 27th thru 20th. See if you can make that one!

Old 05-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Oakland Raiders Mini
5th Gear
loving the door pulls and everything

Old 05-24-2013, 06:26 PM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Swooping flag on the side would look very good.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Inkw8ll
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Oakland Raiders Mini
He made me order the door pulls for my GP2

Old 05-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 6000pounds
I hate you and your life. I'm very jealous
I read this and started spitting out my iced coffee LOL. . Thanks buddy
Originally Posted by k_h_d
Very nice, live that accolor. What are you sourcing thr GP2 parts like the diffuser and red brake ducts.
Thank you! I have used ECS plenty of times so I decided to use them again. They have the diffuser in stock but for example the front brake ducts are backordered. I'm willing to wait and its paid for. The diffuser should be here Tuesday ... BTW best price I could find. My 2 dealers near me quoted me something absurd. Compared other online vendors and they were priced the best. Good guys and good service.
Originally Posted by Agbullet25
What taillights do you have M?
The Red LED Tails are made by Depo. I paid $189 from eBay seller fishcake321 about a year ago. They are the same ones other vendors were selling for. Really happy with them. Great construction and awesome lighting. Here are some pics next to the OEM ambers.

Name:  R56tail4.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  117.4 KB
Name:  R56tail3.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  114.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1836.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  163.7 KB
Name:  IMG_1837.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  124.2 KB
Name:  IMG_1838.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  166.2 KB
Name:  IMG_1839.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  154.3 KB
Name:  IMG_1840.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  132.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1842.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  133.4 KB
Name:  IMG_1843.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  126.4 KB
Name:  IMG_1846.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  144.0 KB
Name:  IMG_1847.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  141.8 KB

I found some great deals online at Sewell Mini...they offer a NAM discount on some items too if you sign up on their site and then are signed in to NAM. Brandon is a great guy and can order what you don't see online.

But you can find a few things here:

http://mini.sewellparts.com/accessor...SLCI-2012.html
They are pretty good too. A lot of guys on here have had great experiences with them.
Originally Posted by Mini-b10
Yeah heading to MOT for only the day. There is an event that Mini of Boston is putting on in October called Minis in the foliage at Stratton Mountain in the weekend of Oct 27th thru 20th. See if you can make that one!
I miss Boston... Will definitely look into it!
Originally Posted by Oakland Raiders Mini
Thanks Raiders! Its a great little detail. Rennline is awesome, they aren't terribly expensive.
Originally Posted by mini coop
Swooping flag on the side would look very good.
I want to keep the car clean as is but I've been thinking recently about getting a set cut and just trying out one side and see if I like it. Who knows
Originally Posted by Inkw8ll
He made me order the door pulls for my GP2
LOL I'm glad you got them. It looks so good and makes the interior look a little more special. They will find the perfect home in that GP2. Rennline has a few other little nice details in their catalog.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Here is a pic of the stock Tow Hook on the car.

[IMG][/IMG]

A few more pics of the LED tails.

Name:  IMG_5039.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  92.9 KB
Name:  IMG_5040.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  84.2 KB

Old 05-27-2013, 11:33 AM
RoyalCooper
3rd Gear

A few more pics of the LED tails.

Are the tails just plug and play? ...pop the rings, unscrew the OEM lamp unit, disconnect the harness, plug the harness into the LED unit, screw in, add trim, and good to go?

Old 05-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Are the tails just plug and play? ...pop the rings, unscrew the OEM lamp unit, disconnect the harness, plug the harness into the LED unit, screw in, add trim, and good to go?
Yes they are completely plug and play. Nothing else needed, exactly as you wrote above. Koopa is a pre-LCI so if you have an LCI model you'd have to check around to see if anything additional is needed. My understanding is putting LCI lights on an pre-LCI requires coding but pre-LCI lights on an LCI does not.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Suggestions PLEASE.

Trying to decide on whether going through with the AutoPower Roll Bar or not.

Should I get a set of GP2 seats or keep with the theme and add Porsche seats? Good thing about the GP2 seats is I can use the airbags and everything is basically plug and play. I have sports seats from my 996TT laying around but they look too "normal". I was looking at the Porsche GT3 euro style seats made by ROTtec (same as Carrera GT). Pricing is pretty good. Carbon shell back (or Signal Green FRP), Leather/Alcantara with red stitching would look right at home in KOOPA.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Agbullet25
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd say the Rotec seats would look awesome but unknown how much extra work is required to get them to work in the car. However, it's possible that it might be your only option because to the best of my knowledge and from what I've been told, the GP2 seats aren't able to be ordered or imported.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:59 PM
RoyalCooper
3rd Gear
The 'GP2' seats are the same as the JCW Recaro seats. I've got the S version of the Recaro, which just means no red stitching (which I really wish I had) So I would think finding those seats might not be so hard.

Also I thought I read somewhere that they aren't a whole new OEM seat, but rather a replacement that goes over the existing seat frame. (which could reduce the cost...but they're OEM Mini so that will up the cost)

But I think keeping with the homage to Porsche you should go with the ROTtec seats. They look great, have red stitching and the Porsche lineage. So unless they are way more expensive than the OEM Recaro seats I say go ROTtec.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:56 PM
minimechusa
2nd Gear
I would go with ROTtec seats they would look great, very nice car!!

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Old 06-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Thanks for the comments and suggestions boys. I think I will pickup the ROTtec after all. In another month I hope I can get my greasy hands on a set lol.

The GP2 stuff FINALLY came in. ECS is usually great but they took some time to acquire the GP2 pieces. It was just the diffuser and red front brake intakes. Only have pics of the diffuser for now. Love it but I'm considering doing the outer edges in gloss black so it pops. I loved my Jet Black JCW Aero diffuser, really looked sharp.

Name:  IMG_6574.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  86.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1951-1.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  90.9 KB

Old 06-17-2013, 04:23 PM
InjectedGT
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my positive feedback: the color is AWESOME. The black is AWESOME(and should continue with gas cap, light trim pieces and handles). But not the negative(sorry I can be cynical sometimes lol): Why so much effort in "paying homage" to a car/brand that has NOTHING to do with BMW, MINI, or the Cooper? I don't get all the Porsche stuff on a MINI Cooper.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:33 PM
6000pounds
4th Gear
for all you no backseat cooper people how hard are they to take out? im ready to take out mine since they've only been used once and that was reluctantly

Old 06-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Mini///M
5th Gear
Originally Posted by InjectedGT
my positive feedback: the color is AWESOME. The black is AWESOME(and should continue with gas cap, light trim pieces and handles). But not the negative(sorry I can be cynical sometimes lol): Why so much effort in "paying homage" to a car/brand that has NOTHING to do with BMW, MINI, or the Cooper? I don't get all the Porsche stuff on a MINI Cooper.
Thanks man. No problem. Truthfully I was waiting for someone to be honest and say how they feel (negative). I've got a pcar and I'm obsessed with the RS. Mine is just a lowly Turbo lol. The Porsche color and Porsche brakes are kind of what sent this thing off so I decided to add more bits and so it kind of developed into what it is... and still slowly developing. I appreciate the comment either way I wish I had a real RS though

Originally Posted by 6000pounds
for all you no backseat cooper people how hard are they to take out? im ready to take out mine since they've only been used once and that was reluctantly
I haven't taken a crack at it yet but it looks relatively simple. Still not sure whether I should get the rollbar or not yet. I'm such a pu$sy with this decision.

Quick Reply: R56 Koopa RS - a few pics