MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 1st Generation MINIs > R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
WC50 Owners Group
321 Replies, 38,878 Views
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Carnivorous Vulgaris

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to WizardEyes
Gallery
PLEASE HELP 06 mini wont start after battery disconnect!

Had battery disconnected for hour or so, dealing with some stuff under the dash, reconnected the battery and NO START. i have mini alarm on it could it have something to do with that? need help soon as this is my only car and i work tomorrow!
2006 MCS Dark Silver, Automatic, Dinan Strut Bar, Black M7 Grills, HK Stereo,GP Intercooler, Dinan, Intake, Samco Intake Pipe, Dinan Spark wires, Dinan Throttle body, Dinan Injection kit w/ pulley, Dinan exhaust, and Dinan Camshaft, Mini JCW Boost/Volt gauge set up. Black JCW Carbon Fiber spoiler, KUDA Garmin Dash mount, Kuda Iphone mount, Black LED 3RD Brake light with Pulsar, Drivers side Euro Parcel Shelf.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Carnivorous Vulgaris

Send a message via MSN to WizardEyes
Gallery
some more info, when i open the doors all the light come on as should along with alarm beeps when i lock and unlock, but when i stick the key in the ignition NOTHING when i turn over not only does the car NOT START but none of the gauges pop up. the Odomitor only lights up when i push odometer reset button in
2006 MCS Dark Silver, Automatic, Dinan Strut Bar, Black M7 Grills, HK Stereo,GP Intercooler, Dinan, Intake, Samco Intake Pipe, Dinan Spark wires, Dinan Throttle body, Dinan Injection kit w/ pulley, Dinan exhaust, and Dinan Camshaft, Mini JCW Boost/Volt gauge set up. Black JCW Carbon Fiber spoiler, KUDA Garmin Dash mount, Kuda Iphone mount, Black LED 3RD Brake light with Pulsar, Drivers side Euro Parcel Shelf.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:59 PM
5th Gear

Gallery
Check fuses first.

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Lana - 2013 Mini Cooper Countryman S, Light White, Black Roof, Anthracite Wheels, 6 Speed. More pics here.

My Countryman is too a real Mini!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:53 PM
6th Gear

Gallery
Make sure you didn't put the non conductive washer in the wrong position when reconnecting the battery... I did that, and it was a very embarrassing trip to the dealer. I was getting a little power (lights may or may not come on, etc.) but not enough to try to start or turn the radio on.

"I'm never in a hurry, I'm just movin' fast."
'06 R50 :: RMW Tuned :: Alta RSB :: Konig Feather :: S.Drive :: aFe CAI :: SprintBooster :: Aero Grille :: Borla Exhaust :: ST Coilovers :: H&R Spacers :: H-Sport LCA :: 10" MTX Subwoofer :: Soundstream amp :: JVC Head Unit
Old 06-23-2013, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

Gallery
Clean the terminal with sandpaper...Garuntee it will work and it's probably calcium built up. My car all of a sudden wouldn't start a couple weeks ago...went out and bought a new battery and still wouldn't start....cleaner the terminals and it started up right away.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:51 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
Go over the modifications with a fine toothed comb.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:15 AM
2nd Gear

Gallery
sometimes when you disconnect the battery the alarm gets activated, plug the battery in close all the doors and (insert) the key in the door and lock and unlock the car , sometimes that will reset the alarm.. hey worth a try.. i have seen this work on several cars
Old 06-30-2013, 02:15 AM

Tags
battery, start problem