Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio HTC Evo and bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 AM
ptrd
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HTC Evo and bluetooth

I saw in the compatibility chart the HTC Evo does connect and so forth.

How come I can't get mine to connect correctly? I got it to connect once from dealership and calling worked fine (no phone book / other items from the mini).

I had to make phone calls from the phone and answer. That's fine but ever since then I can't get the darn thing to work correctly.

Anyone else have any luck?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:22 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Make sure under you Bluetooth Settings that the phone is "NOT" in discoverable mode. This can cause connection problems with the MINI.

If this does not fix it come back to this thread an let me know.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:13 AM
ptrd
2nd Gear
Hello Schatzy,

I haven't done this in awhile but now went back to it. Phone is not in discoverable mode. I can pair and then almost immediatly it unpairs.

The car still states it's connected (when in reality it really isn't). Phone is rooted but running stock sprint rom.

Any ideas? I have deleted both from the car / phone and restarted everything. It will pair and disconnect very quickly.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
pheatton
5th Gear
Im having some of the same issues as you.

Im using the HTC Incredible and sometimes out of the blue I start the car and the BT does not connect. Go into the BT settings for the phone and the MINI BT is not listed at all. I have to go through and delete it from the car then reboot my phone and delete the car from the phone and repair.

Im thinking the BT/iPod module is bad as the iPod adapter no longer works. My MCS only has 400m on it alos...

Old 01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
ca92807
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In the 6 months I've had my EVO on a few occasions (perhaps 6 times) it was not recognized when I started my '09 MCS. On the phone I switched the bluetooth off & back on and the car immediately found the EVO.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Hoof hearted
2nd Gear
EVO bluetooth to 2011 MCS

I was having a problem getting my HTC EVO 4G to connect to my car via bluetooth. It had been working since the day I bought the car but just stopped working the other day. After numerous attempts and rebooting etc with no luck I tried my Crackberry which immediately connected to the car. I then deleted the Crackberry and attempted the EVO again. It worked right away. The only change that I had made prior to the EVO failing was plugging in my wife's ipod. I don't know if that is what killed it or if it was a coincidence. I also don't know why pairing and connecting a different phone caused my EVO to work again but it did. If you are having a similar problem with your EVO please try pairing and connecting with another phone briefly and then the EVO to see if it works to confirm this as a possible remedy...thanks.