JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW Subwoofer Addition

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 10:49 AM
ymi5150?
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Subwoofer Addition

I installed the Integral Audio kit sans sub earlier this year. LOVE it. i dropped a clunky sub enclosure from my last car that had a JL 10TW3 just to get by. sounded fine but ate up a lot of what little trunk space i had. so I finally got around to building a sub enclosure that maximizes space and meets optimum response for the mini. JL was great at providing specs that work well for our cars and that particular sub. The sub blends in perfectly and is plenty of punch for just about anything. Cant say enough about how clean this system is.
Thought ya'll would appreciate.
Cheers

Hollar if you want one and are local to Norcal. I have a half sheet of MDF left...

Attached Thumbnails Subwoofer Addition-img_3654.jpg   Subwoofer Addition-img_3656.jpg   Subwoofer Addition-img_3657.jpg   Subwoofer Addition-img_3659.jpg  
Old 11-03-2016, 11:56 PM
dansaf
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's like you viewed my search history...

I have limited knowledge, limited tools, limited funds; I want one. What would one of these beauts cost me? 2004 Mini Cooper S. Also, do you do audio install by chance?

Last edited by dansaf; 11-04-2016 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:33 AM
ymi5150?
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i may be able to help you. I could build you a sub enclosure but we'd need to see what's available to get you a signal and added power. I dont see a good solution for an entire system upgrade for your year.

I've been making my own systems and helping friends for 30 years. sort of a side hobby.

PM me and we can chat. it helps that you're local.

Cheers

Kevin