General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High flow cat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 10:52 AM
Csbdr
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
High flow cat?

So I am trying to revamp my exhaust on my 2014 countryman s all4. I can't find anyone around here who is agreeable to removing the SECOND cat because it's illegal in NY. The custom exhaust shop said they'd be fine "fixing" my exhaust if it should somehow disappear. I don't have the tools to remove this myself so pretty much out.
They also said they could take out the OEM 2nd cat if I was to replace it with a high flow sport cat. As long as there is one there they have no problem. Removing altogether in a no go. So, my question is for recommendations? Anyone replaced this cat with high flow? What did you use? Effect on sound/power? I'm disappointed because this isn't the direction I wanted to go in. It's making me at least consider the Milltec system which seems like I can do myself. Mainly now thinking of doing sport cat, resonator delete, and Magnaflow. Thoughts?

Oh and before it comes up I am not talking about the 1st cat on the downpipe and I have done a search. Thanks!

Old 06-30-2015, 11:41 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I'd find a performance MINI shop. Adding in an exhaust with a highflow cat will give it a little less restriction. Performance will be better and sound will be improved, but doesn't give you a dramatic different like it would if you went catless. I really enjoy the Remus exhaust as it has an all around great sound to it. Magnaflows tend to drone a bit so make sure you listen to a sound clip inside and outside the car first.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 06-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Csbdr
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I've heard the in and out clips on YouTube and I can get an idea of the tone of the magnaflow but really can't tell about drone. I'll check out the Remus as well