General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Horizon Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 09:35 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by utti
SaltNPepa, we were on the same boat and I picked up mine 8 days later than you! Whew, but at least it all turned out okay and we're all motoring.

Pic from pick-up day:

I'm really happy with the color (and the rest of the car of course) and the people at my dealership told thought it looked really good as well. Now if only I could get the car as clean as it was when I first picked it up I'd have a lot more pictures!
Looks great you have to include more pictures of the front as I want to get the chrome line lower grill for Mr B. You are member #6 was you pickup date 3/31/2009?. Is that a tsx next to the MINI? Small world our cars were on the same boat and I had a tsx and a clubman(untill I traded the tsx for my Hzb S).

Last edited by SaltNPepa; 04-11-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:48 PM
utti
Neutral
Originally Posted by SaltNPepa
Looks great you have to include more pictures of the front as I want to get the chrome line lower grill for Mr B. You are member #6 was you pickup date 3/31/2009?. Is that a tsx next to the MINI? Small world our cars were on the same boat and I had a tsx and a clubman(untill I traded the tsx for my Hzb S).
Yep I picked up 3/31. The TSX is in the family. Actually 3 of my family members all bought new cars in the past year so it's like a car show going on in my driveway! I'll have to see if I can find a good shot of the chrome line grill in the front. It's definitely not as noticeable as the one on top.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:39 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Looks like the Club is growing ! I am almost up to 800 miles now. But I sometimes drive my old car to work when bad weather is predicted - Don't want my MINI to get too wet !

Old 04-15-2009, 02:19 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
I just got 1200 miles

The break in is over but I still am taking it easy for a few more miles. It's crazzy fast even with part throtle and only 4500 rpm The Sun finally came out in Atlanta so this is my first picture not in the shade.

Last edited by SaltNPepa; 04-16-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:37 PM
spike1201
2nd Gear
Now if only I could get the car as clean as it was when I first picked it up I'd have a lot more pictures!
I hear ya, brotha!

Spike

Old 04-18-2009, 06:28 PM
erok72
Neutral
New Horizon Blue MCS owner here

Hi Everyone!!

I've been lurking around the boards here for about two months now - Trying to get ideas as to how this new Horizon Blue Metallic color would look. I wanted to see the color in person, but the dealers here wouldn't be getting an allotment until late March. After a little back and forth on colors, I decided to order the car, fully loaded but still sight unseen.

After I placed the order, I kept searching for online pics of actual Horizon Blue Mini's - Not the online configurator color, not the color swatch at the dealer - Real live Mini's, just to make sure I had made the right decision...You folks had the best pics on the web and I would like to thank you for that!!

Anyhoo, It's been just about 4 weeks since I ordered and I just wanted to share pics of my '09 Horizon Blue MCSa (Blk roof, sport stripes on bonnet and boot, wheels). I picked her up last night and have been out and about all day today. I took these with my cell phone, so they aren't the greatest. I will post more/better pics soon!!

Attached Thumbnails Official Horizon Blue Owners Club-mcs_1.jpg   Official Horizon Blue Owners Club-mcs_2.jpg  
Old 04-18-2009, 07:54 PM
utti
Neutral
Originally Posted by spike1201
I hear ya, brotha!

Spike
I'm going to wait until June at least before I get OCD about washing and detailing the car.

I'm at about 800 miles on my car now and I love it. I'm driving about twice as many miles as I did with my old car but it'll probably go down some after I finish breaking it in.

Glad you like the color, erok72. I ordered the color based solely on the configurator (no dealer swatch for me), and then when I first saw actual pictures of the color a couple of months ago online I was worried because it looked completely different, but once I saw my MINI at the dealership I was hooked.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:54 AM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Welcome erok72 you are Hzb Member # 7 You are the first car I have seen with the factory black wheels. While I think my car with the white top wants a little more chrome with the chrome line lower grill I think you car would look very bad *** with the black out JCW kit like grill and other de chromeing. Can't wait to see some more pictures. BTW you have got to have the best combo for wheel cleaning. Crown spokes are simple to start with but then make them black and you have it made. Now mine on the other hand are no fun with all the shapes but at least they are not white(which is what I wanted).

Old 04-19-2009, 08:32 AM
erok72
Neutral
Thank you for the kind words...

Glad you like the color, erok72. I ordered the color based solely on the configurator (no dealer swatch for me), and then when I first saw actual pictures of the color a couple of months ago online I was worried because it looked completely different, but once I saw my MINI at the dealership I was hooked.
Utti - Just before I got to the dealership I was thinking about what other color combinations I could choose and what options I had to have, just in case I had to walk away from Horizon Blue because I was so awful! But after a quick scan of the lot, I locked onto her boot with the black sport stripe and I was hooked! There were 4 or 5 other customers (BMW and Mini) that were also admiring the color combo I had chosen.

While I think my car with the white top wants a little more chrome with the chrome line lower grill I think you car would look very bad *** with the black out JCW kit like grill and other de chromeing.
SaltNPepa - Love your car!!! It was a tough decision between going with a white or black roof... After seeing yours and the others posted here, I would've been happy with either combo.
I was thinking about the black out kit, but the funny thing is I was also thinking that I wanted a chrome boot handle, just to break it up a little

Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 AM
utti
Neutral
Here's a somewhat better picture of the CLE on the front:

Old 04-21-2009, 08:28 AM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Here's a somewhat better picture of the CLE on the front:
Thanks I just have to get over the fear of taking the bumper off to install it.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:20 PM
brocky
Thats a really nice ride erok72. I kinda wanted the black roof with the black wheels to go along with my aero kit. But I'm happy with mine. Got it on 04/06/2009

Old 04-22-2009, 08:27 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Brocky your member #8 I would love to see a picture of the front of the aero kit and sport stripes in Hzb.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
brocky
Brocky your member #8 I would love to see a picture of the front of the aero kit and sport stripes in Hzb.
I'm excited to join the club SaltNPepa! My grill is currently off right now and is receiving a blackout treatment at the moment. This is the only other picture I have of my car which I took the very next day after I bought it. I will take more pictures this weekend after I'm done with the grill and headlight rings!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:26 AM
erok72
Neutral
Great lookin' ride, brocky!! Love the color combination you've got going on there

I was thinking about blacking out my grill, but wasn't sure what to do with the headlight surrounds. I can't wait to see how you're going to do it

Old 04-23-2009, 01:45 PM
djase
1st Gear
Hey all. I just recently purchased my 09 Horizon Blue MCS. Black roof with black racing stripes. I don't have a good pic yet, but I will post one soon. I am glad to be on the forums. I traded in my 02 MCS for this one, and though it was sad to see the old one go, I am loving the new ride.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:00 PM
goomba87
1st Gear
Just ordered mine, so put me on the list #9

Old 04-25-2009, 04:15 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
I think Djase is number 9. Djase what was your pick up date?

Old 04-25-2009, 08:37 PM
djase
1st Gear
SaltNpepa, I picked up the car April 13, 2009. Loving it, by the way.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:17 AM
djase
1st Gear
Here is Perry...pic is from phone so quality not great.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:48 AM
brocky
So I finished the black outs this past Saturday, took the pictures on Sunday and finally uploaded it just now. The black outs were very tedious and it took me 3 tries and 2 days to get it right. I used about 7 cans of plasti-dip and 2 cans of Gloss Clear. It would only take about 2-3 total cans of plasti-dip to finish the job but me being OCD, I felt like I could've done better each time I finished. If any of you guys want to do it, it takes PATIENCE! Don't ever rush! Simple directions: after you pull out your chrome pieces (if you need help just PM me), lay them down flat on some cardboard boxes and do 3 coats of plasti-dip. Between each coats, wait about 30-40 minutes to dry (BEST if done inside a garage or a closed area). After the last coat of plasti-dip is finished wait about a couple of hours (I just waited til the next day) and spray 2 coats of Gloss Clear with about 30 minute wait time in between each coating. After the last coat of gloss clear is sprayed wait AT LEAST 3-4 hours til it completely dries (depending on the weather). If you don't wait until it dries completely, you'll leave some major finger prints on your trims and you'll have to do it all over again. (WEAR VINYL or RUBBER GLOVES DURING INSTALLATION!)

here are the final looks:

I'm gonna blackout the chrome side markers as well. For the door handles I'm thinking of purchasing the black Union Jack door handles later on down the road. For now it's just time to enjoy the ride

Old 04-27-2009, 08:18 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by djase
SaltNpepa, I picked up the car April 13, 2009. Loving it, by the way.
Got you listed. Perry looks great. I am glad to see so much Horizon Blue out there though I have yet to see another one in real life other that mine. Any one else seen another Hzb while out motoring?
My wife and I ordered some "Happy *****" for out MINI's this is my happy pilot antena ball

Last edited by SaltNPepa; 04-27-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 PM
erok72
Neutral
Nice ride, djase! I was torn between the bonnet and sport stripes... It's good to know that both look great with the black top

Old 04-28-2009, 03:09 PM
erok72
Neutral
Originally Posted by brocky

I'm lovin' the new look, brocky!! The blackouts look awesome, but I don't think I have the patience to do all that work. My OCD would probably get the best of me and I'd mess it up somehow

on the aero kit, too!!

Old 04-28-2009, 04:02 PM
djase
1st Gear
Thanks Erok, yours looks very sharp. Nice Work.

Quick Reply: Official Horizon Blue Owners Club