R60/R61 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for R60 AND R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S MINIs.

2011 Countryman--Where do I start???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 07:04 PM
timthe2lman
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2011 Countryman--Where do I start???

Hi All!
I'm new to the forum not so new to Mini's but for sure new to the Countryman. From looking at the posts here, there are a ton of very knowledgeable people here. I'm hoping to tap into that wealth of experience to help me get my Countryman back on the road.

The details are that I know so far are:
2011 Countryman S, Automatic, FWD, 72K miles. I purchased the car as a theft recovery. It appears that everything is intact, although I don't know that all of the modules are original. I'm trying to ramp up as fast as I can, but I'm not sure what would be the best tools to have, as well. The car was advertised to be in 'Transport Mode'. I purchased a Foxwell NT510 scanner as I was told that it would clear it. When scanned, it revealed 15-20 codes. Transport mode was one of the codes stored in the JBE. I had the scanner clear all codes, which it did. Two modules came back with codes right away. The CAS had a couple codes. I believe the NAV had 4. The car will crank, but the fuel pump doesn't appear to run. Also, the NAV unit doesn't come up at all when the car is turned on. The windshield front wipers are at mid swipe and do not respond to the wiper lever. The front windows also don't respond to the switches. The back windows only roll down a fraction with each push of the lever. I've put a new battery in it so it has good voltage.
Just for grins, I pulled out the JBE module to inspect it. It looked fine, however, I noticed that it appears to have a mfg date of 4/27/16. That's what makes me think that it was put back together with various components. I would appreciate any help at all to point me in the right direction or what I should be looking for next.

I know there are probably a lot of gaps in information here, so please ask and I will try to fill them in. Thanks - Tim

Old 01-19-2017, 06:29 PM
timthe2lman
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just an update that may make things make more sense. Today I located the Delete Transport Mode and ran it. As soon as I did, the windshield wipers began to work. Well, they worked too well. They wouldn't shut off. Ended up having to pull the relays to stop them for now. Many of the codes have cleared and stay cleared, however, I have codes for no comm from the DME, a PT-Can comm error as well as some others. Maybe this will get the creative juices flowing. I have verified that the vin in the onboard computer is the same as the car's Vin so that's good.