Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical Dash Lights color change... Now my Climate Control display is jacked.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 12:15 PM
guiltless
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash Lights color change... Now my Climate Control display is jacked.

Hey all!!

Before I started the project I read up as much as I could, but I knew there could be issues since none of the threads were of my same model (2010 Clubman) and none had the climate control.

So here is where I am at... You will see a few areas where there is still orange. Those are the areas that use LEDs other than the PLCC size used in many areas. I am in the process of ordering those.

My big problem is the Climate Control Display... It does not display correctly anymore. Obviously I had to disassemble it to change the color, I am hoping I just forgot a step in the reassembly that someone may be familiar with.

Thanks for the help!!

Old 04-21-2015, 02:53 AM
chappybmode
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It may be unsnapped from the back. Mine wouldnt change temp after i did my light install and it was as simple as just snapping it back up. What leds did you get for the smaller lights?

Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 PM
guiltless
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So frustrating... I just changed the last couple of dual color LED's (which don't work well) and went to replace the needle... As I was inserting, it suddenly pushed really far in and now the tach needle doesn't move at all. I tried removing it and only lightly installing and nothing... Do I now need to get a donor tach for the needle motor?