Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 10:13 PM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cerenkov
FYI, I also have no CHAMP module. (2013 R56). Did this disappearing of the voice activation happen after a trip to the dealer?
CHAMP should be HAMP. Don't know why it is spelled that way instead but I know it is the correct module because that it was I use to code.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Kimsc321
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cerenkov - no, it happened suddenly. i did mentioned to the SA and he stated they might have to reprogram the car. at which point i already ncs-ed the way i want my car to be so, decided to live with it...until now...

bmrguy03 - under HAMP there is no command line just this:

BAUREIHE
r60
SPEAKER_CONFIGURATION
r56
r57
r55
r60
r58
r59
r61

steven

Old 02-27-2014, 08:50 PM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kimsc321
cerenkov - no, it happened suddenly. i did mentioned to the SA and he stated they might have to reprogram the car. at which point i already ncs-ed the way i want my car to be so, decided to live with it...until now... bmrguy03 - under HAMP there is no command line just this: BAUREIHE r60 SPEAKER_CONFIGURATION r56 r57 r55 r60 r58 r59 r61 steven
Hmmm...very odd.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:42 PM
heiker
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up 'Chassis is faulty' problem fixed

I was struggling with 'Chassis is faulty' error, but finally I have found the root case and fixed it.

Problem recreation

- install Theta's Mini Cooper Tool Setup 2.10.0
- copy-paste v.41 datens (3 folders) (ecu->ecu; sgdat->sgdat; datens->datens/r56)
- copy-paste any datens with CFGDAT folder (i.e. v.51.2) and copy paste CFGDAT->CFGDAT

When you will try to read VIN/FA from ECU you should get the error "Chassis is faulty".

The problem is in the file from CFGDAT folder - COAPI.INI. Just do not overwrite that file during CFGDAT content copy-paste and you should not see the problem with faulty chasis.

One of the root causes was wrong paths definitions in new COAPI.INI. However there are more differences and correcting in new COAPI.INI paths solved only 'Chassis' problem, however later on appeared 'VIN is faulty'.

So the current solution remains to DO NOT OVERWRITE COAPI.INI file from the CFGDAT folder.

In the meantime I will dig deeper into that config file and update that post.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:55 PM
heiker
2nd Gear
Angry 1RAD and DSC reading problem

Did anybody faced a problem with reading 1RAD and DSC modules?

I use revtor profile. When trying to read 1RAD module, the error appears
COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht, IFH-0009: SG nicht angeshlossen oder meldet sich nicht
Please see also screen shot.
Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide-capture.jpg

The same error appears when trying to read DSC module, however additional side effect is that DSC warning on tacho jumps out and DSC and ABS yellow lights on tacho light up.

Not to mention that in both (1RAD, DSC) modules reads attempts there was a fail in getting proper TRC files.

My Mini - R60 Cooper ECE.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Kevdog
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by heiker

The same error appears when trying to read DSC module, however additional side effect is that DSC warning on tacho jumps out and DSC and ABS yellow lights on tacho light up.

Not to mention that in both (1RAD, DSC) modules reads attempts there was a fail in getting proper TRC files.

FYI, I have a very similar problem with my R58. When reading my 2RAD and DSC I receive an error which appears like yours (could be exactly the same). I DO NOT receive the same warning or lights as you when reading DSC. Also after the error pops up when I go to my WORK folder, I have what appears to be a good TRC file. I never wanted to change any settings in these modules, I just to read to backup.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:26 AM
FirefighterJw
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys ! So I have been looking to get into this but I am having trouble. All the cables I have found are labeled for a r56 no r60? Wondering if anybody is near southern NH ? I'm not very computer smart with these kinds of things...

Old 03-11-2014, 10:34 AM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by heiker

I use revtor profile. When trying to read 1RAD module, the error appears
COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht, IFH-0009: SG nicht angeshlossen oder meldet sich nicht
Please see also screen shot.
Attachment 88778

Not being able to read the DSC module may be a file issue but you cannot read the 1RAD or 2RAD modules without an ICOM unit. Also when reading the dsc module it is common to get errors, it does not necessarily mean anything is wrong as the errors should go away soon after they appear.

Originally Posted by Kevdog
FYI, I have a very similar problem with my R58. When reading my 2RAD and DSC I receive an error which appears like yours (could be exactly the same). I DO NOT receive the same warning or lights as you when reading DSC. Also after the error pops up when I go to my WORK folder, I have what appears to be a good TRC file. I never wanted to change any settings in these modules, I just to read to backup.
2RAD module needs ICOM (see above)

Originally Posted by FirefighterJw
Hey guys ! So I have been looking to get into this but I am having trouble. All the cables I have found are labeled for a r56 no r60? Wondering if anybody is near southern NH ? I'm not very computer smart with these kinds of things...
R60 uses the same cable as the R56 but buyer beware because many of the ebay/amazon cables that are labeled to work for R56, etc do not work on cars newer than 2008. I'll be in Boston this weekend if you would like to connect. Just shoot me a PM.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:58 AM
FirefighterJw
1st Gear
R60 uses the same cable as the R56 but buyer beware because many of the ebay/amazon cables that are labeled to work for R56, etc do not work on cars newer than 2008. I'll be in Boston this weekend if you would like to connect. Just shoot me a PM.[/QUOTE]

That would be good if I can squeeze it in. About 2 hrs away. I have not got the cable yet or Tryed the software on the lab top

Old 03-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Mark Gallo
2nd Gear
South Florida Mini Coding

Is there anyone in South Florida (Broward County) who has successfully done this and could do this for me? I've tried numerous times and can't seem to get it to work. Also, would this all be reset when the vehicle gets serviced at the dealership? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:27 PM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
Shoot me a PM, I can help you remotely.

Originally Posted by Mark Gallo
Is there anyone in South Florida (Broward County) who has successfully done this and could do this for me? I've tried numerous times and can't seem to get it to work. Also, would this all be reset when the vehicle gets serviced at the dealership? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:57 AM
Rywan
1st Gear
Hi guys! We need some help here in Hong Kong.One of my friend tried coding the rain sensor activate

Attached Thumbnails Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide-image-78526543.jpg  
Old 03-23-2014, 07:06 AM
Rywan
1st Gear
Hi guys! We need some help here in Hong Kong.One of my friend tried coding the rain sensor activate sunroof auto close, after that this code shows up. We tried to recover the mod from back up but doesn't work. Now the sunroof just open or close a little at a time when ever I push the button. We'll appreciate if anyone can enlighten us. Thank you!
P.S. There is no error code to be clear the mechanic at the shop said.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Kimsc321
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by wzabrouski
I was able to code the FRM module correctly. But when I went to code the ABG module I got this error.
wzabrouski,

old post from you (post #851) but, i'm having this issue as well. what was your solution?

i think i read a post from one of our guru about clearing the .TRC and .MAN file before reading each module. was this your solution?

thanks in advance,

steven

Old 03-23-2014, 09:06 AM
wzabrouski
5th Gear
I believe I had to update to the latest datens.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Kimsc321
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by wzabrouski
I believe I had to update to the latest datens.
thanks, i'll try that again...

btw, clearing out .TRC and .MAN before reading did not work....

steven

Old 03-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Kimsc321
3rd Gear
ok, i have updated to the latest daten v51.2 (updates by updates from v4.1) and these are the ones that NCS-Expert tool let me "access".

2RAD
4BMOT
ABG
CAS
DSC
EPS
FRM
HAMP
IHKA
KOMBI
PDC
SHD
SPEG
SZL

All modules can be read and edit except 2RAD. I got COAPI error. any idea why?

when I first got into ncs expert (late 2012) i was able to read and edit 2RAD (w v4.1) but now no longer. yes, i have tried with v4.1 prior to the updates but, no avail. i must have a gremlin running around in my cm. voice command button on the steering wheel no longer functioning all of sudden (2013), have HAMP module instead of CHAMP, and now something that i can access previously no longer accessible....scratching my head!!

steven

Old 03-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Steve Kay
2nd Gear
Don't panic. You can probably clear the sunroof by performing a simple recalibration. I had the same issue. I can't find the thread, but somewhere on NAM is a forum thread that described this.

All you need to do is insert the key and press the start/stop button once without starting the engine. Then, hold the sunroof switch one click (not two!) towards the Close position. Keep holding it there until the sunroof fully closes, fully opens and then fully closes again. It will take a while, but keep holding the switch in that position. Once complete, remove the key, wait a few seconds and then reinsert the key and check for the error light and correct sunroof behavior.

I hope this helps and that I remembered everything correctly.

Edit: I just remembered I had bookmarked this. Here's the original info: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...975-post7.html

Old 03-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Rywan
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Steve Kay
Don't panic. You can probably clear the sunroof by performing a simple recalibration. I had the same issue. I can't find the thread, but somewhere on NAM is a forum thread that described this. All you need to do is insert the key and press the start/stop button once without starting the engine. Then, hold the sunroof switch one click (not two!) towards the Close position. Keep holding it there until the sunroof fully closes, fully opens and then fully closes again. It will take a while, but keep holding the switch in that position. Once complete, remove the key, wait a few seconds and then reinsert the key and check for the error light and correct sunroof behavior. I hope this helps and that I remembered everything correctly. Edit: I just remembered I had bookmarked this. Here's the original info: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...975-post7.html
Thank you so much. I'll try that when I have the time I'll get be with the result. Hope it work out.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Rywan
1st Gear
Steve Kay I tried and it worked! Thanks a million!

Old 03-28-2014, 05:32 PM
AlphaQuad
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Internal Trunk unlock switch

http://www.bimmerportal.nl/forum/vie...f=125&p=425830

Does anyone know which pin we can wire this switch in the CAS module to activate the unlock trunk as they have in 2014+ paceman and countryman models?

Old 04-08-2014, 08:25 PM
awhk
Neutral
I was tying to add VO $6NM to CHAMP, CAS and FRM(Car is a 2013 CMS with Visual Boost). VO was added successfully until I tried to code to CHAMP, there is no FA_WRITE to choose from the Job Change menu. FA_WRITE can be chosen when other 2 modules are selected. Any idea?

Old 04-09-2014, 12:03 AM
heiker
2nd Gear
I have replaced SZL (for the one supporting MFSW) and now I need to calibrate it. Is it possible with the set of tools from Theta and USB/DCAN cable (the one which is working fine with NCS)?

Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 PM
CN R60
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AlphaQuad
http://www.bimmerportal.nl/forum/vie...f=125&p=425830

Does anyone know which pin we can wire this switch in the CAS module to activate the unlock trunk as they have in 2014+ paceman and countryman models?
Sorry to bring this off-topic but can you clarify what has changed with the 2014 models with respect to the trunk unlock?

Old 04-23-2014, 11:25 AM
AlphaQuad
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Its just like in bmw's where they have a trunk or hatch release button down in the driver footwell. I'd just like to know how to wire it in.

Quick Reply: Electrical Countryman-Specific Coding - R60 Guide