Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain HPDE + Meth injection

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 05:17 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
HPDE + Meth injection

anyone doing HPDE's running meth?

I was considering it to keep temps down, something like the "devils own" kit, for those that run meth, what % water and how much do you use per hour of track time?

only performance mods I have are 17% pulley, intake and catback but I will be adding injectors, cam, header, and maybe a thumper head later next year

Old 11-23-2016, 05:36 PM
BlwnAway
6th Gear
Received 255 Likes on 191 Posts
I can't help you with the HPDE portion, but can chime in on the W/M in general as far as appropriate mix.
For track with a 17% pulley, I'd consider anywhere between a 50/50 to 30/70 mix (meth/water) for basic cooling and anti-detonation safeguards, reason being that the water portion of the mix does most of the cooling and the meth the anti-detonation and power.

As far as systems, the Devils Own and Snow systems are decent, but be aware, most people who have gotten serious about it, and not just used there systems as a fad only to drop them, have wished they spent the extra up front and gotten the Aquamist, esp since they designed the Mini specific kit, which makes installation and use far simpler, safer and effective. Not to mention long term future use with your upgrade plans.

Hope someone else can help with the HPDE portion.