Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain NICE: $230 Ebay Exhaust install with VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 10:22 AM
metalmonkey47
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone post a picture installed from the rear? I'm looking to get away from my JCW exhaust because it's not loud enough, and hangs out below the bumper a tad. The muffler design looks very similar, I want to make sure that I'm not gonna end up buying a similar exhauat.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Alkaidovich
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mega72
I had to make an adjustment I had some rub between the top of the mufflers and the car's heat shield

swapped out the center rubber insulators to generic ones that are thicker, the outside hangers hold everything up, the inside hangers gap the exhaust away from the car & heat shield so there is no rub

had to trim a bit out of the rear pipe where it slips into the front so I could gap the rear from the heat shield a bit more, and to fit the battery skid plate

this is how much I had to remove from the center mount

battery skid plate leading coners bent to clear the Y, not sure what good this thing is as it's aluminum and I can bend it with 2 fingers

2 post lift, worth every penny this kinda work would not be very fun on the ground with jackstands

Thanks for all the info, this looks really good. Ill be attempting this either today or tomorrow after work.

Unfortunately, Im going to be tackling this on jack stands but I think I can manage.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:50 PM
CGaboury
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so I got my exhaust on today. It needed some reworking to say the least. Starting with the front, resonator section, the hangers needed to be trimmed to fit in the tunnel and into the rubber isolators. The Y pipe piece needed to be tripped at the Y on both ends. And lastly the two mufflers were ok, but the outboard hangers needed to be bent outward to fit. I'm glad I decided to not do this one on the ground at home. It never would have happened. Now that its finished, it looks good. The tips are lined up nicely. They look good. It sounds good and the 3K RPM drone is now gone. All In all it cost me $225 for the exhaust and $125 for the installation. $350 was well worth it for me since my car had no mufflers and everything was hacked together.

I'd say the Ebay exhausts are worth it if you don't mind having a person with a lift do the install for you.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:58 PM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
the Y piece has flanges how do you modify that? Or did you buy a different exhaust ?

Old 07-06-2015, 02:16 PM
CGaboury
2nd Gear
Mine didn't have flanges. Mine was all slip fit connections. If I had the bolt on setup, it never would have worked.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:26 PM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
that's a very different exhaust and deserves it's own thread

the flanged exhaust does not need those kind of modifications

Old 07-06-2015, 03:52 PM
CGaboury
2nd Gear
Refer to Post #24 where I entered this conversation and mentioned the exhaust I purchased.

Also, see post #28 where it was requested that I let them know how my installation went.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Alkaidovich
3rd Gear
I installed the exhaust this past weekend (the original one this thread was referring to) and did it on the floor with the car on stands.

Overall it wasn't all that bad. As mentioned, I had to cut the hangers on the mid pipe to fit in the tunnel everyone else had to. Everything else lined up except for the inner hangers on the muffler. Those are face the wrong way so i just clamped it to the rubber hanger and bolted it to the frame.

The bracket that brings the two tips needs to be adjusted but overall I'm pretty satisfied with fit and sound. Everything else lined up and bolted up easily.

No vids yet, will get some soon

Old 07-07-2015, 11:29 AM
bosnik
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alkaidovich
I installed the exhaust this past weekend (the original one this thread was referring to) and did it on the floor with the car on stands.

Overall it wasn't all that bad. As mentioned, I had to cut the hangers on the mid pipe to fit in the tunnel everyone else had to. Everything else lined up except for the inner hangers on the muffler. Those are face the wrong way so i just clamped it to the rubber hanger and bolted it to the frame.

The bracket that brings the two tips needs to be adjusted but overall I'm pretty satisfied with fit and sound. Everything else lined up and bolted up easily.

No vids yet, will get some soon
GIVE US VEEEEEEEEEDS!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2015, 01:05 PM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion

I tried an outside of car view, the camera is nothing but wind noise, so I ordered an external mic, should be here next week

Old 07-07-2015, 01:58 PM
bosnik
2nd Gear
I tried an outside of car view, the camera is nothing but wind noise, so I ordered an external mic, should be here next week
nice

These ebay exhausts sound a bit dirty/wet.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Alkaidovich
3rd Gear
I haz vidz!

Originally Posted by bosnik
nice

These ebay exhausts sound a bit dirty/wet.
Just did a few quick vids, nothing special... Just from my iPhone. Ill try to get better drive by's but this is what I could do for the time being (in my neighborhood street ) As you can hear, the pops and crackles happen just as much, if not more... and in low cruising speeds like in the neighborhood or parking lots, it burbles and rumbles. Pretty happy with the outcome & considering it was only a couple hundred bucks - well worth it as a quick replacement for my broken stock exhaust

Last edited by Alkaidovich; 07-07-2015 at 08:55 PM. Reason: forgot links to vids lolz
Old 07-07-2015, 08:57 PM
Alkaidovich
3rd Gear
Video 2 -----> wait for it...

Old 07-09-2015, 03:02 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
ill have to get up under it tomorrow and see... took a quick look tonight just for reference and I did see that plate there.

I also noticed that you have those hangers... I think mine were missing cus the exhaust shop were saying the ones on the ebay exhaust weren't long enough, thinking the red hangers bolted up to the outside where the plate actually goes.

I might just order some hangers from ECS and bolt it up myself. I have a friend who's a welder, might be able to just reweld the hangers for the muffler portion of the car. Ill update later this week.
New hangers will help with the alignment issue and sagging of the exhaust. Also helps if its too loose and starts to clang.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-12-2015, 04:47 PM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
little vid from today, mic was in center of back seats clipped to the carpet, pretty hard to get a good feeling from this what the exhaust volume is like

Old 07-17-2015, 06:09 PM
boostedhaze
2nd Gear
Can anyone confirm that fitting this exhaust on an 05' MCS is as simple as trimming the center hanger and then fitting it up?

Old 07-18-2015, 09:06 PM
bosnik
2nd Gear
Just did a few quick vids, nothing special... Just from my iPhone. Ill try to get better drive by's but this is what I could do for the time being (in my neighborhood street ) As you can hear, the pops and crackles happen just as much, if not more... and in low cruising speeds like in the neighborhood or parking lots, it burbles and rumbles. Pretty happy with the outcome & considering it was only a couple hundred bucks - well worth it as a quick replacement for my broken stock exhaust
Hey I like ur wheels!! What are they and what size tires are u running?

Old 07-18-2015, 09:10 PM
bosnik
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by boostedhaze
Can anyone confirm that fitting this exhaust on an 05' MCS is as simple as trimming the center hanger and then fitting it up?
Inner muffler hangars will point the wrong way.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:13 PM
boostedhaze
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bosnik
Inner muffler hangars will point the wrong way.
And im assuming they are necessary to have the exhaust hang correctly (as opposed to just cutting them off)?

Old 07-18-2015, 09:19 PM
bosnik
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by boostedhaze
And im assuming they are necessary to have the exhaust hang correctly (as opposed to just cutting them off)?
Yea u need them. Alkaidovich did a lil mod to fit them correctly. I'm not sure how he did it, a private message to him will sort it out for you.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:53 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
u need the inner ones to keep the top of the muffler from rubbing the car, generic rubber muffler damper is all I had to use

Old 07-19-2015, 08:49 AM
boostedhaze
2nd Gear
u need the inner ones to keep the top of the muffler from rubbing the car, generic rubber muffler damper is all I had to use
I saw your picture of the generic hangers, but I was not sure exactly how you attached them to the car itself.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:43 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
you dont, the exhaust pushes up against them

Old 07-19-2015, 10:51 AM
boostedhaze
2nd Gear
you dont, the exhaust pushes up against them
So then they are there just to be bump stops then?

Old 07-19-2015, 10:59 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
that's how it's working on mine

Quick Reply: Drivetrain NICE: $230 Ebay Exhaust install with VIDEO