Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN) Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (C.O.R.N.) club forum.

April 25-16th Driver's School @ Motorsports Park Hastings

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:59 PM
ADRNLN_ti
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
April 25-26th Driver's School @ Motorsports Park Hastings

Well, it’s that time of the year. The Holiday season is behind us and our thoughts turn to spring. Like last year and the year before, the Missouri Valley Chapter is hosting one of the first driver’s schools of the season. Mark your calendars for April 25-26 or better yet, sign up NOW.

I know April is a long ways off but it will be here before you know it. You will barely have the shovels and snow blowers put away before your summer tires are back on the car ready for the wind in our hair and sun in your eyes. What better way to kick spring off than our most awesome driver’s school? Like years past our event will be held at the Hastings Motorsport Park (MPH) in Hastings, Nebraska. Returning to MPH we will be welcomed by a new club house called the Guardrail Club for our classroom sessions. And, we can’t forget George and that buttery smooth track and parking lot surface. I also made sure the “bus” will be available for Saturday night cruises around the course for that ever enlightening review of the track.

As with all driver’s schools this is not a racing or timed event. This is a driver’s education programmed designed to make you a better driver. The curriculum is structured so you get classroom sessions and then on course sessions reinforcing what was covered in class. The Novice students will start off with the basics of seating and hand positions all the way up to vehicle dynamics and “the line”. The Intermediate students will continue developing their skills with more technical discussions and becoming more consistent drivers. If you missed our school last year the Missouri Valley Chapter rolled out a simulation program of the track where you actually drove the track from the classroom in the chapter’s very own 135i 5dr. This also allowed our classroom instructor to demonstrate oversteer, understeer and the advantages of the correct line viewed from inside the car, behind the car or from an aerial view. Advanced drivers, expect a special treat for you in the classroom as we bring technology and data acquisition in as a learning tool.

When signing up be sure to note that you will need a Snell 2000 or newer M or SA helmet. If you do not have one and need to borrow one the club has a few as loaners. Please reserve one by contacting me. Also, you will need to have your car tech inspected and a medical form filled out (just in case of an emergency kind of thing). Be sure to come prepared with your forms filled out and your car inspected or you will not be allowed on track.

Did someone mention Early Bird pricing? I did now!!! How does $260 sound for CCA members for Saturday AND Sunday? Hurry and sign up soon because that goes away Feb 16th. Convertibles will be allowed only on a case-by-case basis.

To register follow this link to our event on MotorSport Reg…

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...F6AD6277B49B65

For more information go to our website…

www.bmwccamvc.org

Or, contact me via phone or email…
402-659-0659
Sheridan@bmwccamvc.org
See you in April,
Sheridan

Last edited by Zyamfier; 02-15-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Thanks for posting Sheridan!
I will be there for sure I just have to take the time to register. I am sure some of the others on here will be interested as well.
In addition I am making this a sticky until the event has passed.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:53 AM
R35P3CT DA M1N1
4th Gear
I will mos def be there! just have to register too. Is this going to be a MINIxclusive event? If not I will have to invite my brother who wants to start racing his lightning.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Zyamfier
This is not MINI only! This event is put on by the Missouri Valley Chapter of BMWCCA. All vehicle types are welcome with some restrictions on convertibles and SUV's so you may check with sheridan@bmwccamvc.org about the Lightning.
Here is the video I shot last year in the rain

Last edited by Zyamfier; 02-16-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:00 PM
ADRNLN_ti
1st Gear
2 weeks left of early bird pricing !!!

What-cha waiting for? First DE of the year and the weather is typically (average high and 42 average low) so shake off those winter blues !

S

Last edited by ADRNLN_ti; 01-31-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: weird text inserted
Old 02-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Dark Helmet
1st Gear
come on, we need more minis!!!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 06:10 AM
R35P3CT DA M1N1
4th Gear
I registered sunday! cant wait

Old 02-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Zyamfier
Excellent, that makes 3 MINI for sure. There may be a couple others I am not aware of.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:25 PM
ADRNLN_ti
1st Gear
Time is a ticking away to register for the Missouri Valley Chapter driver’s school April 25-26th.

Don’t miss out on driving on the fantastic course in Hastings, Nebraska that’s part of the Motorsport Park Hastings. Not only is the surface as smooth as glass but the paddock is just as nice!! The course was designed by the renowned Alan Wilson which means the corners flow together very well. Then there is the Saturday night steak dinner. You will hard pressed to find a steak this nice anywhere and it’s included as part of your registration. And then it’s “All Aboard” the bus for a tour of the course. This is a ride you won’t soon forget as the ever passionate track owner gives you a different perspective of MPH.

To accommodate our guests traveling to the middle of Nebraska our Friday sessions won’t start until 10am and will run till 6pm where we will have registration at the track in their newly built Guardrail Club. Then to get you home at a decent time on Sunday our last session is scheduled to end at 3:30 allowing those in KC, Des Moines or Denver to arrive home around 9pm

There is still time…but time is running out. Your last day to register is April 19th so don’t be left at home watching the grass grow.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/1DC72121-954D-D92F-9EF6AD6277B49B65

Last edited by ADRNLN_ti; 03-11-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: removed extra/bogus text
Old 03-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Zyamfier
In preparation for the event Trogdor went in to get his new Magnaflow exhaust and short shift kit put on. Will be finished tomorrow. Let you know how it goes. So this year It will not just be the wood router sound of the SC but a little bit of exhaust sound as well. Come on April get here already.

Last edited by Zyamfier; 04-10-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:35 AM
ADRNLN_ti
1st Gear
Alert !!! Don’t miss this social event!

MISSOURI VALLEY CHAPTER DRIVING SCHOOL – APRIL 25-26, MOTORSPORT PARK HASTINGS (MPH)

Time is running out, there are only days left to register for the Missouri Valley Chapter Driver’s School.

Spring is finally here and the snow is behind us. It’s time to remove the snow tires, air up your summer tires and head to Hastings.

When was the last time you rode on a school bus? Did that school bus have side pipes? When was the last time that school bus clipped the apexes on a road course? Was that school bus able to do a 3 minute lap time on a 2.2mile road course in the wet?

When was the last time you ate a world class steak dinner from a paper plate? Wine from a box? Chatted with like minded people with the roar of engines in the back ground?

All too often people think our club’s drivers’ schools as events just for track junkies. If you listen to some of us speak then yes, there are quite a few of us track junkies attending. Then again, these are quite infectious. As a BMW owner you aren’t the typical “cars are an appliance” driver. You purchased that BMW because you appreciate quality and enjoy the drive. Why not spend the weekend hanging out with fellow enthusiasts over some finely prepared Nebraska beef and only the best boxed wine. Then go for a bus ride around the complex that you won’t soon forget. And, while you’re at it…get some driving in.

The cost is only $295 and that includes the steak, morning doughnuts and coffee. If you’re up to it, attend the classes, grab a instructor and learn a little bit more about you and your car on the private road course.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...F6AD6277B49B65

Sheridan
track junkie and social butterfly)

Last edited by ADRNLN_ti; 04-10-2009 at 01:37 AM. Reason: extra text was added during posting
Old 04-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Zyamfier
If you have not registered yet do it now. Registration closes tomorrow the 22nd at 11PM.
Meanwhile enjoy the sounds of Magnaflow. And get used to the view from the first clip. That's the view most people get.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Zyamfier
Produced Directed and Staring ME

Old 04-28-2009, 06:18 PM
MJCMini
2nd Gear
Looks like it was a good time. I am looking forward to the June 5-7 BMWCCA event at MAM.