1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yo! 👋

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 09:15 PM
sdotbailey
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo! 👋

So, I'm new to the board. I just bought a used MINI a month ago and I should've done this years ago. I found a 2008 Clubman with only 36k miles on it and jumped on it right away. Mechanically it's all pretty sound but there are a few dings on the bumpers though they're not very awful or anything that would require all new pieces to fix up. I love the damn car and seriously should've gotten one back in 2010. I had a FJ Cruiser and downgraded to a Civic and then another Civic. I hated it so much I ended up (stupidly) jumping on a '75 Camaro with only 56k original miles. I still have that but the 11.5 mpg isn't exactly helpful haha So, I jumped on the Clubman. I wanted good gas mileage and still something I could I throw things in and go camping on a whim. This fit perfectly though I must confess I was looking at the Fiat 500L for a bit.

Anyway, so far I've done the oil change on my own - not difficult at all - and then this past weekend replaced the brakes, sensors, and rotors. Also got new tires put on a couple weeks after I got it. So, she's totally roadtrip ready and I already drove her up into the Sequoias for a weekend. Named her Ella since that sounded sufficiently British and girly.

Here's a couple of pics! I look forward to being active here and learning as much as I can about these little gokarts.

Last edited by sdotbailey; 09-16-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Bummer, the pics didn't work for me.

I think you made an excellent choice of a Clubbie over the 500L. I, uh, think they really dropped the ball on styling for that one. (The regular 500 and 500C are nice, but the L? Uh, no.)

I think you'll enjoy the Clubbie!

Old 09-16-2014, 02:56 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Welcome and Congrats

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 09-16-2014, 03:05 PM
sdotbailey
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man! I actually moved the photos from here into the 'show your car' thread on the Clubman specific board. I figured it made more sense there. It's pepper white with the MINI roof racks. Nothing special yet but I want to put some stripes on there, upgrade the sound system, and maybe add a couple things to the engine to give it a bit more getup! Love it so far though.