1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still looking

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 09:34 PM
SCOUT 88
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still looking

Saw a 09 Mini JCW today and got a drive of a life time. Mike was selling his and was it awsome. Never drove thru the 101 South like this. WOW!!!!!!!!! Lots of upgrades. minor digs and scratches. New to the Mini world and apprehensive about sealing the deal.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:06 AM
Mini2na
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Take it to a shop that knows MINI's and get a vehicle pre-purchase check. Take the fob to a dealer to see what work has been done via warranty. Ask to see receipts for other work done. Think twice if it has only had 15K oil changes.
Make sure the timing chain is within spec. Have someone check on the thermostat and water pump.
Good luck.... These cars are addictive.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:11 AM
Z06_Pilot
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mini2na
Take it to a shop that knows MINI's and get a vehicle pre-purchase check. Take the fob to a dealer to see what work has been done via warranty. Ask to see receipts for other work done. Think twice if it has only had 15K oil changes.
Make sure the timing chain is within spec. Have someone check on the thermostat and water pump.
Good luck.... These cars are addictive.

+1 Excellent checklist !

Old 04-16-2014, 09:19 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Check to see if the intake valves have been decoked. If not you may want to check their condition.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:00 AM
SCOUT 88
Neutral
Still looking

I live 4 hrs from the seller and not familiar with area. He getting other offers and i will lose out due to inspections and smog certs. I wish you guys can check his listing on eBay and give me your opinions.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:14 AM
ultrakill
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SCOUT 88
I live 4 hrs from the seller and not familiar with area. He getting other offers and i will lose out due to inspections and smog certs. I wish you guys can check his listing on eBay and give me your opinions.
How do you expect anyone to know anything without a link. If you are asking for help, the least you can do is give us a link to look into it for you.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:10 PM
SCOUT 88
Neutral
Still looking

Originally Posted by ultrakill
How do you expect anyone to know anything without a link. If you are asking for help, the least you can do is give us a link to look into it for you.
Would have. But link had been removed.