Vancouver Mini Cooper Club The Vancouver Mini Cooper Club club forum. Visit our club site at www.vancouverminicooperclub.com

Just wondering where most of you guys get your parts, do your service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 09:07 AM
cspec
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wondering where most of you guys get your parts, do your service?

Where do you guys buy parts or do your service outside of the official dealerships?

Old 05-03-2016, 10:32 AM
beken
6th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
I still use the dealership sometimes. Other times, I do a few simple things myself and I found Fred's Automotive in Vancouver to be pretty honest with me.

I get parts from the dealer, or Lordco, or Magnem Engines. or south of the border. If you join a car club, you can get discounts at various places.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:55 PM
cspec
1st Gear
Originally Posted by beken
I still use the dealership sometimes. Other times, I do a few simple things myself and I found Fred's Automotive in Vancouver to be pretty honest with me.

I get parts from the dealer, or Lordco, or Magnem Engines. or south of the border. If you join a car club, you can get discounts at various places.
Thanks! Just found a good local shop that does honest work that charges reasonably. Back on the road!

Old 05-09-2016, 09:24 AM
beken
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cspec
Thanks! Just found a good local shop that does honest work that charges reasonably. Back on the road!

Nice car. So who is the service place you brought your car to?

Old 05-09-2016, 03:14 PM
cspec
1st Gear
Originally Posted by beken
Nice car. So who is the service place you brought your car to?
Hey, I brought it to a few different places.

Oil, brake, tranny fluid flush - JRS Auto Service, great service, very reasonable prices. They are on Hastings, a bit past Commercial, they've worked on a few Mini's before so I went there.

Just did the "one ball mod" because the resonator was rusting, wanted to get rid of it, and do that mod anyways. Did it at Muffler Man on Kingsway. Very reasonable prices.

I also did a supercharger flush - R53 owners should really consider doing this because our Eaton M45 superchargers have their own supercharger fluid (they don't run from car's engine oil) and I talked to a lot of the guys, many R53s who come in and service them run dangerously low on supercharger oil. I did this at Yaletown Mini. Great place, and actually, they charge very reasonable for this job.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:38 AM
beken
6th Gear
Yah..I had my supercharger checked over a couple years ago at MINI Yaletown.

Muffler MAN is highly recommended. They've been around a long time too and anybody I know that don't need factory exhaust work, have raved about how good they are. I had a problem with an old car once and the other places, whom I won't name, wanted over $1000 to replace the entire exhaust system. The guys at Mufflerman found a broken exhaust clamp and put a new one in. Charged me $25 for the whole job and sent me on my way. 15 years later, my 35 year old car is still running fine.