North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   United States :: National Events (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/united-states-national-events-99/)
-   -   15th Annual Minis Slay the Sleeping Dragon (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/united-states-national-events/318212-15th-annual-minis-slay-the-sleeping-dragon.html)

colejd 08-17-2017 03:44 AM

15th Annual Minis Slay the Sleeping Dragon

Welcome to the 15th Annual MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon! For 15 years our club members have been poking the sleeping dragon and enjoying the fall colors.

This year, MSSD will be held on Friday through Sunday, October 13th through 15th.

This event is now open for registrations. The registration fee is $15 per MINI.

For more info on all that is happening this year, please visit our Facebook
Facebook Post
or our http://www.tarheelminis.org/forumdisplay.php?140-2017-MINIs-Slay-the-Sleeping-Dragon

MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon is a gathering of MINIs old and new, at picturesque Fontana Village at Deals Gap, NC. Masses of MINIs will be attending to Slay the Dragon! This is a laid back event which will have time for fellowship and driving! There will be something for everyone! We have a group rate on a block of lodge rooms and a number of cabins. See our forum for information on accommodations.

Whine not Walnuts 08-17-2017 05:22 AM

Jeff and Tarheel Mini Club are great hosts. Add in some Smokey Mountain roads along with your MINI/Mini and a great time will be had.

MrBlah 08-17-2017 05:58 AM

booked fontana yesterday! taking the track r53 if I can find a pillow my wife likes enough to tolerate the sparco's

Maylene mini 08-27-2017 02:26 PM

We just booked Fontana today. Got a one bedroom cabin real cheap even at this late time.
Can not wait!

Maylene mini 10-11-2017 06:54 PM

Tail of the dragon

We are heading out to the dragon tomorrow. I can not wait to drive some twisties . If you see a 2010 Clubman painted up with Lotus racing /Green Bay Packers colors sporting a Alabama tag please come say hi.
This is our first event in the Mini.
I see very few works package cars and no Clubmans around here so I would love to compare notes.

See you there!

Skip

Whine not Walnuts 10-12-2017 02:53 AM

Should be all shapes, sizes and colors there. Heading over there today.

MrBlah 10-12-2017 04:54 AM

leaving tomorrow am, if the power steering pump comes I'm brining the astro black jcw with "mrblah" front plate

if not I'll bring the silver track car

Whine not Walnuts 10-13-2017 05:17 AM

For newbies staying a Fontana Village, cell phone service may not be there. I had to go to Robbinsville to get any. And the internet in the "non-lodge" rooms if there is like paint drying.

JerBear 11-24-2021 10:09 AM

Hey Colin, what do you use for brake pads?? I have the Brembo street pad/rotor setup on my R50 right now and mostly destroyed them last trip out to the Tail. I also turned the rotors purple and boiled the brake fluid lol.

DFTR 11-24-2021 11:54 AM

ESB REDS. keep it in second gear.

Jason Cornelius 11-24-2021 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by DFTR (Post 4605916)

EBC yellows in the front, reds outback, and that was third gear you guys heard me in 😉

JerBear 11-24-2021 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by DFTR (Post 4605916)

EBC reds? I was looking at them and then read a bunch of people having delamination problems with them. I may just try them. Looked at Hawk too but really mixed reviews on them also. I need more bite. Its gotta have good cold response too because its my daily driver. I'm replacing the fluid with Motul 600, already have it on the bench so that should remedy the boiling issue. And 2nd isn't fast enough on the Tail, I was topping out 3rd....maybe thats why I smoked the brakes lol.

JerBear 11-24-2021 04:42 PM

Idk why I said "Tail". I've gone the the BACK of the dragon the last two years. VERY different road. You cross two mountains and the speed limits are higher. Its extremely hard on cars if you drive fast. Beats your motor and brakes.

Jason Cornelius 11-24-2021 04:44 PM

For fluid I ran just Preston’s dot 4, got ATE TYP 200 on its way for next year.

Jason Cornelius 11-24-2021 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by JerBear (Post 4605935)
Idk why I said "Tail". I've gone the the BACK of the dragon the last two years. VERY different road. You cross two mountains and the speed limits are higher. Its extremely hard on cars if you drive fast. Beats your motor and brakes.

try solid rotors and yellow pads, and clean fluid.

JerBear 11-24-2021 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jason Cornelius (Post 4605936)
For fluid I ran just Preston’s dot 4, got ATE TYP 200 on its way for next year.

I'm pretty sure the fluid in this car has never been changed. I REALLY need to get it done! I've recently acquired another project though so the poor mini has been on the back burner. I like the yellow/red idea. This car seems to be over braked in the rear, it wears out rear pads faster than the front. I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem. I also get a LOT more brake dust on the rear rears than I do the front.

JerBear 11-24-2021 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jason Cornelius (Post 4605937)
try solid rotors and yellow pads, and clean fluid.

But the drilled rotors are so pretty 😝🤣

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...973c2c7600.jpg