U.S. Mini Club (Long Island) The U.S. MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at USMiniClub.com

2nd annual EEM bbq/show at Sunken Meadow 6/10/12

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:04 PM
xstartxtodayx
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd annual EEM bbq/show at Sunken Meadow 6/10/12

I guess this is the right place to post this even though this "regional" forum doesn't seem to get much traffic, but here goes....

Sunday June 10th, 2012 from 12 til whenever, EEM is hosting their second annual show/bbq at Sunken Meadow State Park

Last years was huge since an import club decided to have a little gtg the same day and place, so we ended up joining together and making that day pretty epic. This year we're back again and have invited everyone we met last year and then some so it should be pretty awesome again. We're a Euro car club that's very laid back and that's what this show/bbq is all about, just a relaxing afternoon spent at a park with a lot of nice cars and cool people (and food!).

Everyone is welcome as long as they're respectful; we have a permit for the event so we plan on keeping things in line. The bbq/show it self is free and we'll have food available at very reasonable prices (also feel free to bring your own food/drink/grill/etc), unfortunately since it's a state park you'll get banged $10 per car by NYS just to get in but it's well worth it Last year I didn't own a Mini yet (only my wife had one) and I think there was maybe 1 Mini in the entire lot, I'd love to see a lot more Mini's this year.

There will be raffles with a ton of prizes (the biggest being a free powder coating for a set of wheels from Elite Powder Coating), also there are trophies for a variety of categories that were donated by CCW (last year they donated lips for trophies, this year I'm pretty sure they donated faces ).

link to the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/328571463874563/
link to thread on vwvortex: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...show-June-10th

and a link to last years thread, pics on pages 6-8: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ee+militia+bbq

Old 06-10-2012, 07:02 PM
TDNparts
2nd Gear
xstartxtodayx, Was your Mini there today?
I only saw 2.
I had my Blk Corrado w/ RC's.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:00 PM
xstartxtodayx
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TDNparts
xstartxtodayx, Was your Mini there today?
I only saw 2.
I had my Blk Corrado w/ RC's.
yea I was there withg my white R53 on gold wheels I saw your 'rado and got a couple of shots of it. I used to have an Audi, and a couple VW's before that so I actually know who you are from previous events (not well enough to remember your name every time, just know you by face/car, I've been to a few of your bbq's and cruised to Waterfest with you guys a few years back when I had a mkV GTI at the time).

So you guys got a Mini now? Does that mean TDN will start stocking Mini parts?

Old 06-10-2012, 09:46 PM
TDNparts
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by xstartxtodayx
yea I was there withg my white R53 on gold wheels I saw your 'rado and got a couple of shots of it. I used to have an Audi, and a couple VW's before that so I actually know who you are from previous events (not well enough to remember your name every time, just know you by face/car, I've been to a few of your bbq's and cruised to Waterfest with you guys a few years back when I had a mkV GTI at the time).

So you guys got a Mini now? Does that mean TDN will start stocking Mini parts?
I peeped your photos, saw your mug on the Gallery. I know who you are now. (Errol's friend?) I was w/ Walt today & a few others you prob know.
I didnt know that was yours. Yeah, The DubNutz should be having another annual BBQ @ Eisenhower in Aug.
We will gladly be inviting MINI's as well
I have a CM ALL4 on order.
Yeah, I do Mini parts now as well. Already have a dew on the site. OEM(as usual) & performance from the regulars(Koni, Magnaflow, etc). We just added ALTA & am looking into NM-E

- Keith