Go Back  North American Motoring > MINIs in General > Travel Stories
Historic Grand Race in Ahvenisto Circuit >

Historic Grand Race in Ahvenisto Circuit

Travel Stories Have an interesting trip in your MINI that you want to share with others? Post it here!

Old 08-19-2014, 11:47 AM
eerola
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess this goes to Travel Stories...

I drive last weekend to Ahvenisto Circuit. That is the oldest race circuit in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_countries. Ahvenisto is also the track, which we Top Gear fans remember from
, where Mika Häkkinen trained http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_May to drive.

Because Ahvenistso is an classic circuit, it is the perfect place for a historic car race. Last weekend was the 24th Historic Grand Race. The HGR consisted of many starts: Historic stock and GTS cars, Formula cars, former Special Saloon class cars, Locost/ Lotus 7, and of course Mini 1000s. The Mini starts were extremely popular with a lot of participants. And the popularity of Mini continued in the car park where there was a line of Austin Cooper S, original Clubmans and other classics.

Here is my camera roll: Click.

Here is also a short movie: