Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using "TireJect"?

Old 04-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Beemerchef
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone using "TireJect"?

Maybe this has been discussed before, yet, I cannot find such aspect throughout this Forum.
Seems as the reviews are excellent and can be also used to "prevent" flats as now running four regular Yokohamas without a spare. Also does not affect the TMS sensors.

https://www.tireject.com/collections...ire-repair-kit

Of course one needs to carry a compressor which is not a problem.

Any feedback?

Thanks.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
6th Gear
Received 360 Likes on 317 Posts
*Must use as directed, follow Automotive dosage guidelines. We do not recommend multiple applications on the same tire for on-road vehicles.
**Disclaimer: For highway speed vehicles TireJect should only be used to seal bead leaks or tread punctures up to 1/4". Do not use TireJect to seal sidewall or shoulder punctures, unknown leak locations, punctures larger than 1/4” or any other type of tire or rim damage - highway speed tires in this state should be inspected for highway safety at a certified tire shop. Do not pre-applicate tires with TireJect to prevent flat tires in highway speed tires, only use to repair after a puncture happens in the tire crown (center tread) or for slow bead leaks

Old 04-01-2019, 09:10 AM
vetsvette
Received 354 Likes on 281 Posts
Not familiar with that particular brand. I carry one of these in my Mini. Bought it on Amazon. Checks all the boxes you're looking for.

Slime 50123 Digital Emergency Flat Tire Repair Kit

​​​​​​​

Old 04-01-2019, 09:24 AM
Beemerchef
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher View Post
*Must use as directed, follow Automotive dosage guidelines. We do not recommend multiple applications on the same tire for on-road vehicles.
**Disclaimer: For highway speed vehicles TireJect should only be used to seal bead leaks or tread punctures up to 1/4". Do not use TireJect to seal sidewall or shoulder punctures, unknown leak locations, punctures larger than 1/4” or any other type of tire or rim damage - highway speed tires in this state should be inspected for highway safety at a certified tire shop. Do not pre-applicate tires with TireJect to prevent flat tires in highway speed tires, only use to repair after a puncture happens in the tire crown (center tread) or for slow bead leaks
Originally Posted by vetsvette View Post
Not familiar with that particular brand. I carry one of these in my Mini. Bought it on Amazon. Checks all the boxes you're looking for.

Slime 50123 Digital Emergency Flat Tire Repair Kit

​​​​​​​
Seems like in the instructions while using the Slime, the car needs to be jacked up and the tire needs to be rotated while injecting the Slime which is not the case if using "TireJect".

Of course my first thought is the fact that "tire stores" do not like to deal with a tire filled with Slime but my thought is really invalid as if I have a flat and use either product I am going to buy a new tire and dispose of the flat one meaning no one will have to deal with Slime or TireJect. Hope this makes sense.

I do like that Slime kit all being in one. Peace of mind I would call it...

Thanks for the info.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:32 AM
vetsvette
Originally Posted by Beemerchef View Post
Seems like in the instructions while using the Slime, the car needs to be jacked up and the tire needs to be rotated while injecting the Slime which is not the case if using "TireJect".
That's odd. The picture shows "No Jack or Tools Needed"on the front of the storage case. My daughter used hers last week without jacking. I believe all similar products recommend driving the car soon after repair procedures to evenly distribute the "slime" or it's equivalent.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:37 AM
Beemerchef
2nd Gear
That's odd. The picture shows "No Jack or Tools Needed"on the front of the storage case. My daughter used hers last week without jacking. I believe all similar products recommend driving the car soon after repair procedures to evenly distribute the "slime" or it's equivalent.
"Then you attach the can to a rubber hose, insert the hose into the stem hole and squeeze, while every so often rotating the tire to make sure you are getting even distribution."

Actually I don't even have a jack in the car!!! Probably have to be "quick" and drive away for even distribution of the Slime. But, if this is what it says on the storage case, that is what it is... Easier for sure.

Thanks...

Old 04-01-2019, 09:41 AM
vetsvette
I guess the instructions you quoted would work if using only the bottle of "Slime", but the kit that I have (analog version of the one I posted for you) actually has the "Slime" in line with he compressor line. You can select air only or air and sealant. I don't have a jack either. The only reason I carry the kit is if I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere and don't have cell service to call roadside assistance.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Beemerchef
2nd Gear
I guess the instructions you quoted would work if using only the bottle of "Slime", but the kit that I have (analog version of the one I posted for you) actually has the "Slime" in line with he compressor line. You can select air only or air and sealant.
Yes, and I like that! I do have a compressor but I keep it in the Jeep and this will make it easier as to not buy another one or keep moving it [the compressor] from one vehicle to the other. I appreciate. Thank You...

PS: Maybe even carry two of those. After 14 years on the road camping full time with my dog that is kind of what I do! A spare of a spare... You never know. A while back, coming back from Toroweap, [deserted North Rim of the Grand Canyon] with a Friend of mine on Motorcycles, he had two flats back to back... It happens!

Old 04-01-2019, 09:53 AM
vetsvette
Can’t argue with your logic. If I learned anything during my military career, it was to always have a minimum of 100% backup.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Beemerchef
2nd Gear
Can’t argue with your logic. If I learned anything during my military career, it was to always have a minimum of 100% backup.
Definitely. On our 14 years Journey [motorcycle +sidecar] I always had 2 spare tubes for each tire, 2 spare clutch cables, throttle and more. Not just one! When I lived on sailboats for 28 years I had 2 spare GPS, 2 spare radios and on and on. Friends thought that I was nuts and wasting my money but my logic was that if one is send for repair, I would still have a spare!!! And this has happened. Same with the bilge water pumps. Definitely an item YOU DO want to have when 50 miles off shore! All this including a complete First Aid Kit... Duct Tape, Zip Ties, Crazy Glue, JB Weld [got a hole in my engine once in the middle of the Desert!!!]. Be prepared... A SAT phone has always been a must also.

PS: 90% of my spares have been used to rescue others who were unprepared!!! Like this truck and its 6 occupants [sad scene while they were crying!!!] on the back roads of Death Valley driving with street tires... Yes, flat tire and the gizmo that lowered the spare was broken. Seriously a bad day for them but rescued!

Last edited by Beemerchef; 04-01-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Beemerchef
2nd Gear
This is a really good video on how to use the Slime repair kit. I like the no jack situation and no valve stem removal...