North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Tires, Wheels, & Brakes (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/tires-wheels-and-brakes-36/)
-   -   JCW 18" Cup Spoke Two-Tone (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/tires-wheels-and-brakes/337047-jcw-18-cup-spoke-two-tone.html)

doublec44 03-17-2019 07:29 PM

JCW 18" Cup Spoke Two-Tone

Hi Guys,

Soon to be JCW owner here! I've placed a deposit for a custom build and have decided on everything except wheels. I really like the JCW 18" Cup Spoke Two-Tone wheels but I understand they only come with summer tires. I live in the northeast, and although I won't ever drive the car in snow/sleet, it's likely that I'll drive it during the winter (I have an AWD car for those days).

I believe the 18" wheels come with Pirelli Cinturato P-7. Can anyone tell me more about how these drive? Maybe in colder temps?

Or should I just go with the 17" wheels and all-season tires?

I'm not very knowledgeable about cars/performance so I apologize if this is a basic question. Thanks in advance for your help!

C

N0B0DY 03-17-2019 07:43 PM

If you go with 18" and summer tires, you will need a winter tire and maybe another set of wheels.

Also, depending on your road condition, you might want the 17" wheels. It's a little more resistant to pot holes.

Beemerchef 03-27-2019 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by doublec44 (Post 4457137)
Hi Guys,

Soon to be JCW owner here! I've placed a deposit for a custom build and have decided on everything except wheels. I really like the JCW 18" Cup Spoke Two-Tone wheels but I understand they only come with summer tires. I live in the northeast, and although I won't ever drive the car in snow/sleet, it's likely that I'll drive it during the winter (I have an AWD car for those days).

I believe the 18" wheels come with Pirelli Cinturato P-7. Can anyone tell me more about how these drive? Maybe in colder temps?

Or should I just go with the 17" wheels and all-season tires?

I'm not very knowledgeable about cars/performance so I apologize if this is a basic question. Thanks in advance for your help!

C

I am on my second JCW [2017], the first one being a 2016 and both came with the Pirelli Cinturato 18" wheel run-flat. I did not keep the first one long enough to change the tires as unfortunately the manual shift did not agree with me after two new hips and a spine plate and screws, but, this one being a keeper [paddle shift, heads up display, Harmon/Kardon sound] the noise driving it from Las Vegas where I bought it to Alamogordo, New Mexico, drove me [no punt intended] totally bunkers! Switching in a couple days to Yokohama Advan Sport A/S 215/45/18.
Besides the ride harshness in Sport Mode they will be much quieter and being A/S will only need one set of tires. Have a Jeep for bad weather and snow anyhow.
That is just my own humble solution. If you want a feedback on those tires next week, let me know.