Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

SP Performance Rotors & Pads

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 08:10 AM
Nightshade
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SP Performance Rotors & Pads

Has anyone installed these rotors? Price and options look awesome and I am starting to see them all over social media, Eeuroparts and RaceShopper. I think I want to try their peak series.

What do you guys think? Here is a link to what I am looking at.
https://www.sp-performance.com/category-s/20758.htm

Old 02-22-2019, 09:31 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Never really saw anyone runs these on a MINI. I have run Stoptech and our ECS Rotors in the past many times and on the track, stoptechs i had back in 2006. EBC and hawk pads in the past. With 3 MINIs at the same time for one year and now 2 MINIs I have run a lot of brake options.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-stoptech-parts/v-mini/

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
The following users liked this post:
gnarmach (02-24-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 08:08 AM
gnarmach
1st Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
For street cars I've almost always run either Centric or Brembo blanks, depending on what was more readily available. There is little reason to run a drilled or slotted rotor on the street IMO - though I've had no issues with StopTech when I've chosen those. The blanks work plenty well, are inexpensive, etc. Brake rotors, and brake parts in general, are an area I'd always choose a well known and tested brand/option.

The StopTech rotors that ECS Tuning linked above are nearly the same price for cross drilled as the SP rotors. I'd just go for those. A set of blank Centric Premiums is around $120 for the front - should be the same rotor that the StopTechs are based on.

Last edited by gnarmach; 02-24-2019 at 08:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (02-24-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 09:50 AM
Nightshade
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 month update. Pulled the trigger on a set. Got them in about 2 days. Slotted and in black just because. Still working awesome and the coating has held up through snow, sleet and now a bunch of spring rain. Definitely check these guys out. True to their word! Definitely recommend them to anyone in the market for brakes.
https://www.sp-performance.com/category-s/20758.htm