Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

What wheels do I get? 6 spoke or multi spoke?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 11:43 PM
Kevinp_27
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
What wheels do I get? 6 spoke or multi spoke?

Im torn on what wheels to get for my r56 cooper s. I want to keep the same dimensions as the stock wheels (17x7) i believe. My budget is 130$ per wheel but I cannot decide if I want 6 spoke wheels or multi spoke wheels. Please help! thanks

Old 06-27-2018, 03:16 AM
F56-JCDub
5th Gear
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
I prefer 5-spoke, or split 5-spoke (is that really 10 then?). It is all a matter of preference, I think. More spokes should be 'stronger,' but also heavier and in my experience, tedious to maintain (clean). Personally, I don't like more than 15 spokes. I think Mini's look best with 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 11 spokes, but again, that's my personal sense of aesthetics.

For your budget, check this out:

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...dClar=Cooper+S

They have 13 wheels in your budget.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:39 PM
Kevinp_27
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by f60jcw
I prefer 5-spoke, or split 5-spoke (is that really 10 then?). It is all a matter of preference, I think. More spokes should be 'stronger,' but also heavier and in my experience, tedious to maintain (clean). Personally, I don't like more than 15 spokes. I think Mini's look best with 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 11 spokes, but again, that's my personal sense of aesthetics.

For your budget, check this out:

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...dClar=Cooper+S

They have 13 wheels in your budget.
Thank you for your input, ill check out the link

Old 06-27-2018, 11:51 PM
OCR
5th Gear
Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts
Kevin -

Seriously...6 spoke or multi-spoke.
When I went to school, 6 was..."multi". Meaning, more than one.

I never understood why people ask "others" what to put on "their" car (bike, boat, etc.).
It's your...car. Don't you need to please YOU, before worrying about pleasing others ? YOU...have to look at it every day, YOU have to keep it clean, etc., etc. on a somewhat daily basis. It's your car, do what makes...YOU...happy.

Mike

Old 06-28-2018, 12:54 AM
Kevinp_27
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by OCR
Kevin -

Seriously...6 spoke or multi-spoke.
When I went to school, 6 was..."multi". Meaning, more than one.

I never understood why people ask "others" what to put on "their" car (bike, boat, etc.).
It's your...car. Don't you need to please YOU, before worrying about pleasing others ? YOU...have to look at it every day, YOU have to keep it clean, etc., etc. on a somewhat daily basis. It's your car, do what makes...YOU...happy.

Mike
You knew what I meant by “multi”. I am torn between what style of wheels and that’s why I’m asking for help (Since that’s what forums are for). I understand that it’s my choice...thanks tho.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:25 AM
contented
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevinp_27
Im torn on what wheels to get for my r56 cooper s. I want to keep the same dimensions as the stock wheels (17x7) i believe. My budget is 130$ per wheel but I cannot decide if I want 6 spoke wheels or multi spoke wheels. Please help! thanks
Everyone's tastes are so different. I see folks post picture of their expensive wheels and sometimes think, "those are just butt ugly". But its about what you like, not what I like. I'm going to go from 16" to 17" wheels when I need tires again. Couldn't decide and couldn't decide on wheels or tires for that matter. One can go crazy fussing over size, style, color, weight, offset, clearance w/ coilovers and big brakes, clearance w/ fenders and it goes on and on.

You've already established a budget and are leaning to general style. Be patient, look at lots of pictures and one day you'll just know what to get. Happened that way w/ me. My next wheels will be the 17" OZ Leggera HLT w/ Michelin Pilot Sport tires.

Good luck.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:50 AM
J Free
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like these, simple, old school style.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:15 AM
miniCPA
5th Gear
Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts
Accountant here: If you like two things the same and you have no logical reason to go for one over the other. Go for the cheaper!