Breaking is worse since they were changed by the dealer. - North American Motoring

Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Breaking is worse since they were changed by the dealer.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:05 PM
2nd Gear

Breaking is worse since they were changed by the dealer.

Preface...Bought Mini in Bay Area. Moved to Southern Oregon. No Mini Dealer but there is a BMW dealer. The last work I had done was a automatic transmission flush at the local shop. It was pretty expensive and they wanted $60 to just look at the car this time. I thought I'd try the BMW dealer.
I had a red light warning to replace the front breaks and the rear was orange so I thought the rear were okay. The dealer said they needed front and rear pads/rotors .
I decided to check there quality out and just do the front. They are now more mushy then before. Before they were pretty sensitive and could be jerky. Now I have to floor the break to come to a stop. I have an appointment for next week with a more reputable shop but in the meantime
Question.
2008 70Kmiles is it normal to replace both pads and rotors?
Any explanation for the mushy break pedal?

thanks

Last edited by bobsax; 10-11-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:19 PM
3rd Gear

you just need a bleed the air out of the lines. I'd go back where you already paid.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:22 PM
6th Gear

Did they charge a line item for fluid? Brake bleeding?

What crappy dealer did this job?
Old 10-11-2017, 05:46 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher View Post
Did they charge a line item for fluid? Brake bleeding?

What crappy dealer did this job?
Medford Or. BMW
there was no charge for break fluid but the line was inspected and passed. I think the last shop did it 6months ago.
......sign of crappy dealer...They said there was a leak and they wanted to replace the engine oil filter housing gasket.$992.
I asked to see it so they put the car back on the jack to show me and right there before my eyes was a plastic shield hanging loose . The guy sheepishly screwed it in and proceeded to show me a tiny splotch of coolent. I'll have the next shop look at it.