Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension Rear Chassis Bar Latch Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 01:55 AM
[insert name here]
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Chassis Bar Latch Issue

I recently purchase and installed a Carbon Fiber Rear Chassis Bar by Racing Dynamics. For reference, here is the link:

http://ecommerce.mossmotors.com/p/ne...amics-/101-640

It is cake to install, and it works amazing! I can really feel the difference on my turns. The issue I am having is the striker brackets it comes with. I have tried adjusting multiple times, to no avail on the driver side rear seat. I have the passenger side where the latch grabs the striker and I have no play in the seat, not the case for the driver side. It used to have more play, a lot more, but it is severely lessened but I can still not get it have no play like the passenger side.
I am about to start bending the striker, but a,m reluctant too seeing that it should work since the one side does. I do not have any frame damage, car has never been in an accident that would do damage, co-worker backed into passenger door 3 days after I bought it, but only the door needed replacement. I think the issue is the bracket, since the striker is about 2-3mm in diameter and the OEM on is about 5-6mm in diameter. I have contacted Racing Dynamics about it, to no avail. I am going to try again, just seeing if any one else has had this issue before I start bending and twisting the striker in hopeful attempts to make it work.

Appreciate any help on the matter, or any ideas. Going to check on maybe the seat back being adjusted, but am really lazy for rear seat interior work as a first attempt. Seats worked perfectly with OEM strikers, so I do not think the seat is the issue.

Thank you

Old 09-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Macinchuck
Neutral
I have the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Chuck

Old 09-24-2012, 10:22 AM
iceckid
3rd Gear
The strikers might be installed upside down, double check that. Otherwise there is a little play in the hole and you can adjust it up or down a little bit for fitment. It should be able to connect before torquing it down, once you have it right tighten it up and it should stay correct.