Suspension H&R Sway Bar Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 02:15 PM
F5666
2nd Gear
Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
With all the tinkering you guys have been doing, does anyone know or can anyone confirm/find out the distance center-to-center of the front sway bar plastic bracket? I think I might have found a billet mount bracket that will work for the front bar but will not know until I can confirm location of the bolt holes.

Old 04-01-2023, 05:58 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by F5666
With all the tinkering you guys have been doing, does anyone know or can anyone confirm/find out the distance center-to-center of the front sway bar plastic bracket? I think I might have found a billet mount bracket that will work for the front bar but will not know until I can confirm location of the bolt holes.
22 1/2" Center to center left to right bracket hole

3 3/4" Hole distance on bracket.

Bob's your uncle!!

The following users liked this post:
MiamiR57 (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 06:17 PM
MiamiR57
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
22 1/2" Center to center left to right bracket hole

3 3/4" Hole distance on bracket.

Bob's your uncle!!
Amazing! Thank you!

Is the front bracket identical to the rear bracket in terms of bolt hole distances and size of the busing it fits?

Old 06-05-2023, 08:40 AM
F5666
2nd Gear
Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
UPDATE:

I bought TVPostSound's H&R front solid 27mm adjustable sway bar to add to my suspension, which is fully done and adjustable (which includes a WMW hollow 25mm rear sway bar on GMaxx adjustable links + NM billet brackets). Just did the install and been driving it for a couple weeks now. I still need an alignment after about a $1K more of goodies being added to suspension to finish it off.

On the softest setting front and rear sway bars, I get a tad bit of understeer under very hard cornering (think hairpins or 90+ degrees) - otherwise it sticks. Next time I am tinkering, I will set the rear bar to "intermediate" (I can set the rear bar to soft, intermediate or hard) and test again. If I still induce understeer, I will set the rear to hard and leave it.

For everyone reading this thread who has done a rear bar only: you are driving an extremely UNBALANCED suspension setup and no matter what you do to dial it in, it will never fully perform. You need to make a decision and do your front bar but in a balanced way so you realize the full potential of your car's handling. Without a matching upgrade in the front, your car will be twitchy, prone to snap oversteer and surprise you in the worst moments when you need it most. Feel free to reach out and ask questions.

Old 06-05-2023, 09:09 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,714 Likes on 1,381 Posts
UPDATE:

I bought TVPostSound's H&R front solid 27mm adjustable sway bar to add to my suspension, which is fully done and adjustable (which includes a WMW hollow 25mm rear sway bar on GMaxx adjustable links + NM billet brackets). Just did the install and been driving it for a couple weeks now. I still need an alignment after about a $1K more of goodies being added to suspension to finish it off.

On the softest setting front and rear sway bars, I get a tad bit of understeer under very hard cornering (think hairpins or 90+ degrees) - otherwise it sticks. Next time I am tinkering, I will set the rear bar to "intermediate" (I can set the rear bar to soft, intermediate or hard) and test again. If I still induce understeer, I will set the rear to hard and leave it.

For everyone reading this thread who has done a rear bar only: you are driving an extremely UNBALANCED suspension setup and no matter what you do to dial it in, it will never fully perform. You need to make a decision and do your front bar but in a balanced way so you realize the full potential of your car's handling. Without a matching upgrade in the front, your car will be twitchy, prone to snap oversteer and surprise you in the worst moments when you need it most. Feel free to reach out and ask questions.
You get it!!!

For strut type suspensions, an anti-roll bar does wonders for handling. By design, strut type suspensions do not gain enough camber as they compress to offset the camber loss from body roll. An anti-roll bar then allows the tires to retain better contact with the road surface for improved handling. Those that don't get it will argue that a front anti-roll bar is only going to increase understeer. But, that just isn't the case. The bar actually increases grip because the tire isn't rolling over on itself.

The following 2 users liked this post by njaremka:
F5666 (06-06-2023), thefarside (Today)
Old 06-06-2023, 01:58 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
UPDATE:

Try to set the front bar to stiffest. See where that takes you!!

The following users liked this post:
F5666 (06-06-2023)