Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Suspension Power Flex bushings and new control arms.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 01:57 PM
scotty_r56s
5th Gear
Received 190 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by edwkmho
Scotty,

after installing the bush do u have any squeaking noise.

I have my black version of powerflex installed but experience squeaking noise.

But the car handling is firmed and great, therefore the squeaking sound can be ignore.
Sorry for the late reply.

I get a lot of squeaks and creaks, but I have a gutted interior so I don't mind it.

Old 12-09-2019, 07:16 AM
2cati
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I’ve had my Powerflex LCAs for over a year and no squeaking.

That said, I wrapped Teflon tape

Old 12-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Jimmy-R56s
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had them installed recently and the creaking over speed bumps was really irritating me and it turns out the garage that installed them had not used the grease supplied, I also felt the steering quite notchy but after being advised to spray some teflon grease on the bushes the creaking ceased and the steering was buttery smooth again so when i get time I am gonna get them properly greased up as they are starting to creak again. so make sure the garage lubes them up when installing them and you should be noise free

Old 07-10-2023, 04:51 PM
ncfbmnir56
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by S-2013
I just completed this job last night but kinda went about it a different route. I removed the control arms first by prying them out from the OEM bushings using a pickle fork. With the control arms removed, it was easy access to cut out the old bushings using a sawsall. After that I went ahead and lowered the subframe to install the new Delphi control arms, complete with ball joints. I too noticed that the steering rack didn't separate from the subframe but I had more than enough room to install the new control arms at that point. Used the homemade bushing press tool to install the Powerflex purple bushings. Went in fairly easy after lubricating them with dish liquid.

did you absolutely have to lower the sub frame or are these bushings more flexible than the oem metal sleeved ones? Cannot get the metal ones to press in using 2 floor flanges 2 nuts a long hex bolt and washers metal ones bent a 5/8 diameter hex bolt