Suspension BC Coilover Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 12:28 PM
one73ronin
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
so if i loosen control arm bolts under load, which bolts are we talking about?

Old 06-14-2017, 02:15 PM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
It would be #8 technically...some cars this is the case but I have no clue on these Countrmans. I have not messed with them before.

Usually the arm is bolted on and "grabs" that giant rubber bushing so the bushing doesn't actually rotate under articulation, but rather it just 'flexes'. I figure if you changed the angle of this arm it might have a lot of tension built up....eventually the bushing would just tear in the middle if it is how I am thinking it is.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:40 PM
one73ronin
3rd Gear
ill give it a shot

Old 02-10-2019, 09:46 PM
H2o racer
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks

Hi all,
I wanted to say thanks to cstrumol for a great thread and installation instructions.
Recently put a set of BC coilovers on my 2014 countryman s fwd and found your write up to be most helpful and dead on as far as your revue and feedback.
I purchased a used set from one73ronin from the forum classifieds and couldn't be happier with how these coilovers changed the car and ride. Firm yet smooth and I've not yet really tuned them to their potential.

Hardest part of the job was removing and installing the front lower strut. The rest of the install went very smoothly. While i was at it I installed a 22mm rear bar to take care of that dreaded body roll. Drove it at stock height and on OE wheels and RF's for about a week while waiting for new TPMS /tire/wheel sets. She is now lowered about 2" up front and 1 1/2" in the rear and running on 17x9" wheels wrapped in 235-45-R17 BFG comp-2 tires.
Thing is a Fn' BLAST to drive now!
Planning on dropping the rear 1/2" and installing a set of H sport LCA's as soon as I can find a dry day off to do it.

Got to give the BC's a BIG thumbs up!

Cheers and Thanks!

Last edited by H2o racer; 02-11-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:21 AM
one73ronin
3rd Gear
So happy the worked out for you! Still confused as to why they were so fussy for me, but the in the spring I am hoping to try a set on my jcw Paceman.

It looks fantastic!!

Old 02-13-2019, 02:05 PM
H2o racer
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by one73ronin
So happy the worked out for you! Still confused as to why they were so fussy for me, but the in the spring I am hoping to try a set on my jcw Paceman.

It looks fantastic!!
Hey Thank you!

I was a little concerned about buying them from you after reading about the experience you had. Thankfully they have worked perfectly for me with no noise or any of the handling issues you had. I wish I could have found something that would have explained the conditions you had but everything seem's fine.

Once I got them from you I just set the height as close to stock as I could, knowing I would be running them for a short time with the stock tire's and wheels. I then adjusted the spring preload as per this video
. Once all that was adjusted, I set the dampening 14 clicks from soft on all four corners, then followed the directions from this thread ti install them.

The change from the stock shocks was huge!
I'm now on a wider tire and wheel setup and about 2" dropped from stock. Just need some good weather to install the H sport LCA's and get front and rear camber back to spec.

I must say, it now handles the twisties more like my R53 did. I just love driving this thing!!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by H2o racer:
AWD_Rally (12-15-2019), ECSTuning (12-20-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 06:16 AM
AWD_Rally

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Just saw this post, great video to help with installing. Thanks for that!

Old 11-05-2022, 04:50 AM
DirtytheDawg
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This thread may be a touch dead. I've just installed bc br's and love the look, only problem is the rears are knocking pretty hard. Ive got new trailing arms and bushings for the anti roll bar on the way, so that may help. One thing I noticed during the install is that the rear shocks did not fit in the oem shock mount sleeves. The rubber bushing fit snugly on the post, but could that be another cause of the knocking?