North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Suspension (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/suspension-69/)
-   -   Suspension TSW Springs W/ KONI Yellows? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/suspension/141277-tsw-springs-w-koni-yellows.html)

the platform 05-24-2008 05:39 PM

TSW Springs W/ KONI Yellows?

I'm lovin my TSW springs.I've been running them with oem shocks for 4 months now.I'm thinking of adding Koni yellows to the mix(possibly add some camber plates)Anyone out there with this combo???
-thanks

Bang110 05-24-2008 06:53 PM

Same as I am thinking about getting.. Unsure on springs still but I want Koni yellows, IE fixed camber plates and unknown brand rear sway..

the platform 05-24-2008 07:06 PM

springs

-if you aint interested in big drop(want performance),then the TSW's are the ones-me likey!

hemiheaded18 05-24-2008 08:21 PM

Same setup I run through my head every day. At some point, it'll happen. TSW springs, would want to try their camber plates (when they release them!) and Yellows. I already have a Hotchkis 19mm bar so thats good to go and my wheels are in transit right now.:thumbsup:

spdfreak 05-24-2008 08:28 PM

This is the exact combo I'm running right now. The TSW springs, Koni Yellows and Ireland Engineering Street Adj. Camber Plates. Over all I'm fairly happy with the set up, used the shocks on full soft over the winter and stiffened them up for summer. It handles much better than stock and on full soft the ride is more supple than stock.

the platform 05-24-2008 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by hemiheaded18 (Post 2254256)
Same setup I run through my head every day. At some point, it'll happen. TSW springs, would want to try their camber plates (when they release them!) and Yellows. I already have a Hotchkis 19mm bar so thats good to go and my wheels are in transit right now.:thumbsup:

-ya,whatever happen to those "ready next week TSW camber plates".
What's the holdup?

hemiheaded18 05-24-2008 08:39 PM

The last I heard was TSW was waiting on the spacers that go on top of the plates.

So
1. They are still waiting for the spacers
2. The spacers came in, but there was a quality issue with them
3. The spacers came in and are good, but they found a quality issue with some other part of the plate
One of the last posts in that thread.

the platform 05-24-2008 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by spdfreak (Post 2254271)
This is the exact combo I'm running right now. The TSW springs, Koni Yellows and Ireland Engineering Street Adj. Camber Plates. Over all I'm fairly happy with the set up, used the shocks on full soft over the winter and stiffened them up for summer. It handles much better than stock and on full soft the ride is more supple than stock.

Any clearance issues with the camber plates and running m7 stb?
-only "Fairly Happy"?You give me pause.:wink:

the platform 05-24-2008 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by hemiheaded18 (Post 2254312)
One of the last posts in that thread.

Ahhh haah-I missed that info.I hav'nt seen a post on that thread in a while.
thanks

Bang110 05-24-2008 09:26 PM

The lack of track time my car will see (for now) I think I will go with the fixed camber plates. I do a lot more "canyon carving". Are the Koni Yellows adjustable?

Anyone tell me the diff between getting the Koni yellows and the Koni struts with the springs included?

heyduard 05-24-2008 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bang110 (Post 2254419)
The lack of track time my car will see (for now) I think I will go with the fixed camber plates.

+1 for the fixed camber plates. though, you may have clearance issues with the spring (oem or tsw), and may have to gently reshape a portion of the reinforcement ribs inside the driver side strut tower.

Qtip 05-25-2008 02:03 AM

the TSW plates are in

jaynicholson 05-25-2008 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bang110 (Post 2254419)
The lack of track time my car will see (for now) I think I will go with the fixed camber plates. I do a lot more "canyon carving". Are the Koni Yellows adjustable?

Anyone tell me the diff between getting the Koni yellows and the Koni struts with the springs included?

You can buy Koni yellows by themselves or with springs as part of the Koni sport suspension kit. I assume, though, that your reference to the ones "with the spings included" is refering to the coilovers.

Either way, as a start you could check out Out Motoring's website. They have some good comentary on several Koni options.

http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coop...es/suspension/

Bang110 05-26-2008 12:11 AM

No the Koni's I have seen withthe springs were not the coil overs.. I know the difference in looks. I will have to take a look to see where I saw them. It was probably the sport kit.. So the Koni Yellows on the outmotoring page are the ones everyone talks about having? The ones with the adjuster on top? With that adjustment on top will I still be able to use the IE camber plates?

the platform 05-26-2008 03:22 PM

Where Them Yeller Ones?

Outmotoring suspension page:big red box,$ 679.95,twisty knob on top,yup them is koni yellers.:wink: I'm thinking about getting me sum w/tsw plates.:nod:

txwerks 05-27-2008 09:56 AM

We just installed this exact setup with our camber plates on Saturday... The owner is VERY pleased with the results. We set the Yellows in the middle setting in the front and rear, FWIW.

Bang110 05-27-2008 10:55 PM

If the nob is on top of the strut, how does it work with the camber plates? Wouldn't the plates block the adjustments?

txwerks 05-28-2008 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bang110 (Post 2259975)
If the nob is on top of the strut, how does it work with the camber plates? Wouldn't the plates block the adjustments?

Nope... Our plates are wide open on top...