STX (Street Touring X) Koni rear setup

Old 03-24-2004, 11:20 AM
ubercooper
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the H-sport rear bar in the middle position, h-sport springs at all four corners. I am installing the koni's this weekend and am looking for a good setup for the rear shocks. I really don't wanna have to keep dropping them to adjust them. I auto-x and do track days. Any suggestions? I am runnig 16' S03's.

Ubercooper

Old 03-24-2004, 06:25 PM
dpayne1
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>I have the H-sport rear bar in the middle position, h-sport springs at all four corners. I am installing the koni's this weekend and am looking for a good setup for the rear shocks. I really don't wanna have to keep dropping them to adjust them. I auto-x and do track days. Any suggestions? I am runnig 16' S03's.
>>
>>Ubercooper

The GStock guys generally run their rear konis on full stiff. They adjust for rotation with the front - from soft to medium -- because they don't get to add a stiffer rear bar.

One other STX Cooper S I know runs Koni's. They are double adjustables and the rears are set in the middle for rebound and soft for compression. They are still dialing this setup in and it's still very early in the season.

Do you have front camber plates? Cause that could make a difference.

I'd start in the middle with the rears and try the fronts on soft. THen you can move to middle on the fronts and full stiff on the rears. All of this while leaving the rear bar in the middle. The first could be good for autox and the second one for track. Only testing will tell you based on your driving style etc.

Another option is to go to middle on the rears and soft in front and move the rear bar to stiff. or go full stiff on the rears, middle on the front and leave the rear bar in the middle.

What's good for autox may be too tail happy for the track

David

Old 03-24-2004, 08:11 PM
ubercooper
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes!!

Thank you responding to my post. This is exactly what I was looking for. I will let yall know how it works.

Thanks again,
Ben