Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

What does it mean?

Old 11-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Bulydog
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What does it mean?

I was just getting back from a long trip and about 30 miles from home a yellow warning light came on in the speedometer set of lights. It is a yellow light with a circle in it and on each side of the circle are three little broken arces on each side of the circle. I cannot find anything like it in the owners manual. The closet thing it shows is "Brake warning lamp for Canadian models". This is a 2003 S which I am pretty sure is not a Canadian model as I live in NE. My wife's 2002 has the same light in it as well and her book doesn't show what it is either. I have checked brake fuild and it is full and no signs of leakage on the tires or under the car when it sits. Brakes seem to work fine. Does anyone know what this warning lamp means?
Thanks
Bulydog

Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
If it is a yellow light, with a circle, and a couple curved lines (like little brake shoes) then it is the brake pad wear light...hard to tell from your description, but I think that is what you are describing...

Old 11-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Bulydog
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What does it mean?

That makes sense. It does look like that. It is scheduled to go in for service on Monday, so will have them checked. Thanks so much for the quick response.

Search this Thread