Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Remote Central Locking

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:30 AM
bobleznw
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Central Locking

I have tried every combination of pressing lock and unlock keys and still it wont work! Car unlocks fine with the key used in the door, starts up drives and doors lock when moving all fine. But it will not unlock or lock from the remote. Went to mini they put it on diagnostics said cant find any faults so must be a wiring continuity problem somewhere, does anyone have the wiring diagram for a 2004 R50 Mini One please?????

Bob

Old 06-06-2017, 09:12 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Moving this to the Stock Problems/Issues area.

Couple of questions, 1.) Has the battery in the key fob area ever been replaced? The car is 13 years old and the battery has seen better days. 2.) If the battery is new, then the next place to check is the remote sensor that is suppose to be up near the mirror in the roof console.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:45 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by bobleznw
does anyone have the wiring diagram for a 2004 R50 Mini One
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

Old 06-06-2017, 11:22 AM
valvashon
5th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
After you replace the battery in the key, see if the red LED on the board lights up when you push either button. If it does, you most likely have a working remote. The problem would then be with the remote receiver antenna (most likely).

Somewhat less likely but possible: For the early first generation cars with the two button remotes, the car needs to be coded to accept commands from the remote. There is a series of button pushes that will re-sync a remote that the car has already been coded to accept commands from but there is no series of button pushes that will sync or pair a new remote for the first time. Are you the original owner? If not, a previous owner may have purchased a new key and balked at the additional shop time that most dealers charge for coding the car to accept remote commands, or the previous owner may have cobbled together a key from their blade and EWS/immobilizer chip and a used remote and a new or used shell/case. The dealer you took it to should have checked to see if your car has been coded to accept the key you have. A key that won't work with these early models won't produce a fault, so they should have checked to see if the car was coded for this remote. Here's a couple of helpful links:

This site has lots of great info about these keys. Grab a cup of tea and enjoy:
https://sites.google.com/site/minian...verremotekeys/

I was not able to make sense of the previous site's barcode generator. This site does it for you so that the dealer can have a barcode to generate from:
http://www.reeves.tv/mini.html

Val

Last edited by valvashon; 06-06-2017 at 11:22 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-07-2017, 08:24 AM
bobleznw
Neutral
replaced the battery in the first instance, also checked the receiver which is behind the clock, still nothing

Old 06-07-2017, 08:29 AM
bobleznw
Neutral
Thanks, I have put the 6 digits code from the key fob into the bar code webpage, it gives me 2 bar codes and numbers, what do they mean? what do they relate too?

Thanks!

Old 06-07-2017, 12:35 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by bobleznw
Thanks, I have put the 6 digits code from the key fob into the bar code webpage, it gives me 2 bar codes and numbers, what do they mean? what do they relate too?
Those numbers are for the dealer to use when they recode the car for the remote lock.