North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Stock Problems/Issues (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/stock-problems-issues-188/)
-   -   No idle after rebuild. (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/stock-problems-issues/338121-no-idle-after-rebuild.html)

mini907 04-18-2019 09:29 PM

No idle after rebuild.

Hi
My car lost valve seat so had head rebuilt and did pistons rings bearings etc. Anyways started it up and did motor break in runs awesome but dosent want to idle.
Any ideas ? I did put in a new secondary O2 sensor and a new magnaflow exhaust manifold. Everything else is stock speck.

thanks

its a 2007 R56 manual Justa N12

mini907 04-20-2019 08:17 PM

the only codes im getting is misfire codes on all cylinders and random misfire codes,these are the same codes i had before rebuild. So not sure if there new or not, I dont have a way to erase them,also doubtful to me that all 4 coil packs went bad at once.

its boughs until about 1200-1500 rpm then runs great.... but will not idle at all.

MiniToBe 04-20-2019 08:33 PM

Did you uae the timing tools?

When you say the car doesnt idle, what do you mean by that?

Did you check spark plugs and gaps?

Also, you need to erase codes to see what actually comes bacl.

mini907 04-21-2019 09:34 AM

Hi
Yes used the timing tool checked plugs they looked good not fouled up or anything. Did not ck gap with gap but they all had same gap. I dont have a spark plug gapper.
So to get the car to start you have to feather throttle and then keep feathering it to keep it going I can slightly just depress throttle and kinda get a sweet spot where it will idle at lowish idle. If you let off gas it will die I can press down 1/4 throttle and it will run at a steady 2k but soon as you let of gas it dies.
I also pulled the exhaust vanos last night and it looked clean I havent done intake yet, But I just cleaned these up with brake clean when I took the engine apart. I did in frame rebuild so whole motor did not come out and I did not crack case and do the mains.
thanks
Hasppy easter :)

MiniToBe 04-21-2019 09:46 AM

The only thing that comes to mind is the actual throttle body. did you check if it were connected. go over the connections/plugs one at a time, it could be a silly thing! Do you have an obd reader to check live data?

mini907 04-21-2019 10:40 AM

thanks,ill take a look at that. I dont have a OBD reader,,you mena like a schwaben ecs tool ? have any suggestions for one ?

MiniToBe 04-21-2019 11:34 AM

sure or anything similar. for the same money you could also acquire ISTAD or INPA suite with K-Dcan usb cable.

mini907 04-22-2019 07:48 PM

ok its idling fine.
So I got a code reader erased the codes, took out the vanos which looked good but cleaned them anyways. Also I took off the the throttle body and looked that over,Again it looked good but I had a new gasket so I changed it out. I also fixed a small oil leak and took out the cam sensor and looked at that. I also changed the oil from break in oil to regular oil and man its way louder now lol. SO i have no idea what it was that I did that made the difference as I did so many different things but hopefully someway this will help the next guy :)

sawicki 04-23-2019 09:05 PM

Dont rule out the HPFP. When mine went it would run fine if i kept on the gas pedal but it wouldnt idle what so ever.

mini907 05-02-2019 06:23 PM

Im not sure whats going on,, im totally lost at this point,,,,,replaced both the vanos and car runs really smooth but no idle,,,, put one of the old ones back in got errror code p0012 with the old vanos in the intake spot but car idles fine like that but sounds really loud lots of valve chatter or lifter chatter not sure which. put the two new vanos in no idle but you dont here a sound from the motor. SO yeah not sure what to do at this point.

mini907 05-04-2019 08:25 AM

installed both new vanos and new intake cam sensor and car almost wants to idle.
No more cam ret codes but in getting low volt code from bank 1 sensor two.
I do not her the valve or lifter chatter I was hearing but seems to have little less power going down the road.

mini907 05-04-2019 04:56 PM

did the loan a tool deal from auto zone put fuel pressure gauge on,it got up to 50 psi,but the gauge they loaned was leaking at the hose so couldnt say weather or not it keeps pressure.

mini907 05-05-2019 03:04 PM

spent last 4 hours swapping out new exhaust manifold for the old and still no improvement bogs when you taking off and no idle. NO codes.