North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Stock Problems/Issues (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/stock-problems-issues-188/)
-   -   Fuel injector testing (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/stock-problems-issues/335929-fuel-injector-testing.html)

Rsfire 02-10-2019 08:15 PM

Fuel injector testing

Hey guys, I'm having a strange issue with one of my injectors in my 2010 JCW. When I would try to start the car injector 2 just starts dumping fuel into the cylinder. All the others look to be fine.

I pulled the injectors out and they visually look fine, and they have similar ohm readings across the board.

Does anyone have any ideas of other ways to test the injectors?

Does anyone have any ideas what may cause one injector to flood out like that?

thanks!

MiniToBe 02-11-2019 10:06 AM

it could be just stuck open.

RockC 02-11-2019 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rsfire (Post 4449505)
Hey guys, I'm having a strange issue with one of my injectors in my 2010 JCW. When I would try to start the car injector 2 just starts dumping fuel into the cylinder. All the others look to be fine.

I pulled the injectors out and they visually look fine, and they have similar ohm readings across the board.

Does anyone have any ideas of other ways to test the injectors?

Does anyone have any ideas what may cause one injector to flood out like that?

thanks!

You've tested the injectors. At least replace the injector that dumps fuel. Why? The injector is bad. If the cost is not prohibitive I'd replace all injectors just on general principles.

Rsfire 02-11-2019 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by RockC (Post 4449730)
You've tested the injectors. At least replace the injector that dumps fuel. Why? The injector is bad. If the cost is not prohibitive I'd replace all injectors just on general principles.

I have not tested them other than with the ohm meter. And sadly cost is prohibitive, especially if that's not the issue. Which I'm thinking is the case.

I swapped out injector 2 and 3. Cyl 2 still fills with fuel.

I even unplugged inj 2 and the cylinder still fills with fuel after I shut the car off. I took intake off too for the heck of it, same thing.

It's very repetitive, I start the car without spark plug 2 in, runs crappy for few seconds, then shut off. I run to engine and look down spark plug hole. I can see fuel flowing very rapidly into cylinder and after a couple seconds it shuts off abruptly.

MiniToBe 02-11-2019 08:05 PM

Did you do compression test?

Rsfire 02-11-2019 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by MiniToBe (Post 4449752)
Did you do compression test?

nope not yet, I cannot find my compression tester at the moment.

RockC 02-12-2019 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rsfire (Post 4449748)
I have not tested them other than with the ohm meter. And sadly cost is prohibitive, especially if that's not the issue. Which I'm thinking is the case.

I swapped out injector 2 and 3. Cyl 2 still fills with fuel.

I even unplugged inj 2 and the cylinder still fills with fuel after I shut the car off. I took intake off too for the heck of it, same thing.

It's very repetitive, I start the car without spark plug 2 in, runs crappy for few seconds, then shut off. I run to engine and look down spark plug hole. I can see fuel flowing very rapidly into cylinder and after a couple seconds it shuts off abruptly.

If the #2 cylinder fills with fuel after swapping injectors #2 and #3 (and #3 cylinder not manifesting the fuel filling behavior) there must be another source of fuel to account for the fuel in the #2 cylinder. Perhaps an enriching injector?