Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

loss of power at fuel pump fuse

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 08:17 AM
tow hook
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
loss of power at fuel pump fuse

One day last week, I went to move the 2008 r56 cooper s from the garage. Cranks but no start. It ran just fine 2 days before. From checking out the pelican part fuel pump diag steps. I have no fuel pressure,( undid the sub frame fuel line connection) .. and then pulled up the back seat. and checked for power @ the fuel pump. no power and no click. It did get 10.9 volts when I hit the key to start it, no power in the run poss ?? Checked for power at the fuse (f43) no power with a multi meter. The relay is after the fuse from what I read. I thought it mite be a crank poss. sensor. but I have spark I did test that.. I did run a hot wire to the fuse ( left the fuse in ) with the key in the run poss. no luck. Ran a hot wire to the fuel pump pin #2 blue and white, and grounded to the brown wire pin #5 and the pump came to life. So I m thinking the fuse box maybe bad ? or the relay or am looking in the wrong spot.

thanks Brian

Old 02-06-2019, 02:49 PM
hmeslice
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Based on your explanation you have eliminated the pump. It does look like you need a JBE which is what its called in case your looking to get one.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:17 AM
tow hook
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hmeslice
Based on your explanation you have eliminated the pump. It does look like you need a JBE which is what its called in case your looking to get one.
a jbe ?? what's that ? I've swaped relays, and ordered a new fuse box, they seem to have a history of going bad :(

Old 02-14-2019, 07:51 AM
tow hook
2nd Gear
the new fuse box is in, no power to the pump yet. how do you have power going into the box, but not out ? and the plugs are right next to each other ? goin to the dealer, gotta dig out the snow around the garage first.

Last edited by tow hook; 02-14-2019 at 07:52 AM. Reason: for got info
Old 08-19-2019, 07:26 PM
gresh
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tow hook
the new fuse box is in, no power to the pump yet. how do you have power going into the box, but not out ? and the plugs are right next to each other ? goin to the dealer, gotta dig out the snow around the garage first.
Did you ever get this fixed.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:48 AM
tow hook
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gresh
Did you ever get this fixed.
sorry for no posting up sooner, it went to the dealer after cranking for 30 plus mins it fired up. they said the cylinders were flooded with gas, and had to use wd40 to wash them due to no compression in the cylinders. I find that funny, cause in the 30 days I worked on the car I didn't have fuel pressure !! I changed relays and a fuse box, they got it to run on hoockis poockis I guess. haven't had any issues expect the power seats didn't work when I t came back. I have yet to look in to that :(

Old 08-26-2019, 08:03 AM
gresh
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tow hook
sorry for no posting up sooner, it went to the dealer after cranking for 30 plus mins it fired up. they said the cylinders were flooded with gas, and had to use wd40 to wash them due to no compression in the cylinders. I find that funny, cause in the 30 days I worked on the car I didn't have fuel pressure !! I changed relays and a fuse box, they got it to run on hoockis poockis I guess. haven't had any issues expect the power seats didn't work when I t came back. I have yet to look in to that :(
Thanks. I managed to get mine going as well. Mine was the fule pump, eventhough I just put in a new one. Glad you got it going. Sorry you had to get to the dealer to make it happen. They are full of crap.

The following users liked this post:
Adam Smith (04-05-2023)