Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Mini Cooper Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 07:57 AM
Metallicat
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Cooper Clutch

I have a 2008 Mini Cooper S with 110k+ miles and the clutch has just failed. My car has gotten the clutch replaced by the previous owner already in 2013 and it seems to me that the clutch did not last long. My car is fairly stock but might not be that way for long and I was wondering what aftermarket clutch to get. I was thinking about getting a aftermarket stage 2 clutch but Ive read a lot of negative reviews for many aftermarket brands but Ive seen more negative reviews for the OEM clutch. What brands would you recommend and why? or should I stay with an OEM clutch and get a JCW version? Im not too worried about having a harder clutch as my brother has a mustang with racing clutch and I feel like I could get used to it, I just want a clutch that would last long specially since its a pain taking out the clutch and taking it to a mechanic is expensive and Im also thinking about upgrading my MINI after getting it fixed.