Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

P0302 Error Code - 2012 Countryman S ALL 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 04:35 AM
WKOPKO
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0302 Error Code - 2012 Countryman S ALL 4

Hey NAM,

My MINI is really giving me the run around.

When I drove back to school for the spring semester, my car went into a very jarring limp mode several times, and subsequently had to be pulled over and restarted. I somehow made it to Morgantown in one piece, and without an actual code being thrown. This whole time, the reudced power message was on screen, and actually went away after the 3rd time of pulling over. About a week into school, I get a code saying Cylinder #2 Misfire - Ignition (forget the exact code). I replaced the spark plugs, and the code went away.

A couple weeks after that replacing the plugs, my car once again went into limp mode, this time throwing a code for Cylinder #2 Misfire- Low Fuel Pressure. I took it to MINI in Pittsburgh, and they ended up replacing the high pressure fuel pump free of charge (yay extended warranties).

Yesterday, my car went into limp mode once again, rode real rough (thankfully I was almost home) and threw the P0302 code, Cylinder #2 Misfire.

My question is, does anyone have any clue what the hell is up with my car? I have replaced the plugs, the pump, the coils looked fine. It threw a different code each time, never all the codes at once. I'm really confused, and as a college student, don't have much more $$ to throw at this car.

Help

Old 02-23-2017, 08:38 AM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
Coils looking fine don't count. Swap the coil to a different cylinder and see if the code changes..

Old 02-23-2017, 09:20 AM
WKOPKO
Neutral
Originally Posted by AZdsrt
Coils looking fine don't count. Swap the coil to a different cylinder and see if the code changes..
That was the plan once I get home! Hopefully it's just the one coil, and not something more serious.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:38 PM
WKOPKO
Neutral
So I swapped the 2&3rd coils, cleared the code and the shaky, rough feeling idle instantly disappeared. I drove probably 15 miles today afterwards with no issues.

I'm somewhat skeptical. Coils are NOT cylinder specific, are they?

Old 02-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Coils are not tied to cylinders. I wonder if the connection was not properly seated, time and miles will let you know.