Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Tire Pressue AND DSC Lights on

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:23 AM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tire Pressue AND DSC Lights on

For the past two days my DSC light and Flat-Tire Indicator light have been on whenever the car is on. I tried flicking the switch to turn 'on' DSC but the light remained lite. And I also tried resetting the tire light by the button under the e-brake. I don't have a CEL light on though, which is what is throwing me for loops? Any ideas?

Old 06-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Greatbear
Moderator :: Performance Mods
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When both the DSC and flat tire lights are on, it usually indicates a failure in the ABS/DSC controller or an accompanying wheel sensor. The system is unable to read one or more of the wheel speeds and subsequently cannot operate in either of those functions. Since the ABS/DSC system is tasked to determine if a tire is low by comparing it's rotation against the others and lighting the tire light if it finds this true, whatever problem it is currently having is preventing this from working. Certain combinations of failure lights can give a clue as to what issue the car is having. If there is a problem with the throttle body, for example, the CEL and the DSC light will both be on because part of the DSC function is tied into controlling engine speed (torque). If there is a problem that prevents correct control of engine speed, you get two lights instead of just the cel.

Have the codes checked, you will probably find a problem with a faulty wheel sensor.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:24 AM
joey1320
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like stated above when both dsc and tpm light are on is usually a wheel speed sensor. for that you will have a code under the abs/dsc controller and not the dme, therefor you don't have a cel.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:05 PM
yqtyyz
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got this problem this morning (ABS, engine light, DSC), so I read through quite a few posts regarding the faulty wheel sensor. Just after starting the car and pulling out of the parking lot, the ABS brakes pulsated very briefly even though it was a routine light break at a stop sign.

Is the fix a software "code" type of fix, or are there manual inspections or replacements?

I just had my thermostat fixed the other day, they found a leaking hose and replaced it, and fixed one of the engine mounts.

I have an '05 MCSa by the way.

Thanks for any further insight you can provide.

Old 03-06-2023, 03:29 PM
Motodop
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DSC and TMPS without ABS (not a Trifecta). I wanted to slot this in here for those who might be looking. my son spun and rear left hit the kerb hard.
Had DSC and TMPS come on sold without ABS and could not clear.
Reading posts on Trifecta I look off rear left and front left (just in case of Murphy's law) and did a visual on wheel speed sensors. Connected , cleaned and reconnected blue plugs. Did not want to attempt the sensor at that stage due to fear of snapping the bolt as is common.
had wheels alignment previous to kerb hit. brought that car back for realignment. It was out.

Had realignment done. Hard press on the type pressure reset on center handbrake and errors disappeared .
Long winded way of saying DSC and TMPS lights on solid , with No codes (important) was wheel alignment

R50, 2004 70,000 miles , Stamford Connecticut

Old 04-13-2023, 07:41 PM
Tombstone
4th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
When both the DSC and flat tire lights were on i wasted money on a new steering angle sensor & 2- new hubs, when all it was an alignment & recoding...