North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Stock Problems/Issues (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/stock-problems-issues-9/)
-   -   v36.1????? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/stock-problems-issues/21429-v36-1-a.html)

prs 02-02-2004 01:46 PM

Is there such a version available? I called my dealer, who is in Northern California, and was told that v36 is the latest version available.

jsun 02-02-2004 02:00 PM

As far as I know, CD 36 is the most recent version of the DME software available...and for that matter, this isn't even an official release in the US (the version of the CD currently being used is the German version and requires a special dealer set-up to install). I could be wrong about the German-only thing...but that's how it was as recently as a few weeks ago.

Of course, don't be surprised if a dealer doesn't know about any of this. The degree of ignorance demonstrated by many MINI dealers is often awe inspiring. :lol:

h_lank 02-02-2004 04:01 PM

v36 installed in Richmond, VA 1/7/04. First one for the dealer. It did nothing to help "the yo-yo" , but others say it may help "the stumble". if yo yo is your problem see the yoyo chronicles on this forum for Ryan's fix (MCS only) . harvey

EBMCS03 02-06-2004 01:45 AM

Someone on MINI2.com i think posted about 36.1 that their dealer just got somtime this week. try doing a search

The_Beastmaster 02-06-2004 06:26 PM

Well, I just heard from my SA that they uploaded v.36 into my mom's car to cure the yo-yo. I asked if this was the same one they uploaded in December. The answer was no, this was v.36.04.01.

Let's see v.36.04.01, could it be 4/1, or an April Fools joke? lol

Despite what others may think, I'm here to help.

jmoser 02-06-2004 07:04 PM

Hmmm....v.36 loaded in early December and it certainly did the trick for my MCS...
but after v.36 I was told they couldn't activate the "comfort sunroof" feature, where I can drop the windows and open my sunroof by activating the keyfob as I approach the car...

me thinks if they "fixed" that glitch with a .1 I'd be very happy...although its a little scarry to hand over my now running great car for a convenience....

EBMCS03 02-07-2004 01:54 AM

>>Hmmm....v.36 loaded in early December and it certainly did the trick for my MCS...
>>but after v.36 I was told they couldn't activate the "comfort sunroof" feature, where I can drop the windows and open my sunroof by activating the keyfob as I approach the car...
>>
>>me thinks if they "fixed" that glitch with a .1 I'd be very happy...although its a little scarry to hand over my now running great car for a convenience....

What? I have V36 and not 36.1 and I'm almost positive you can still have the remote roll down windows cuz i have it. I'll triple check to make sure it works tomorrow but i rmember trying it after getting v36 so...

gokartride 02-07-2004 04:55 AM

Version 36 is for MCS's only right? Is anybody aware of any updates for Coopers?

d-mini-ero 02-07-2004 05:14 AM

I'm taking a ride to my dealer this AM.... They are usually up to date w/ upgrade version numbers
I'll see where they are @...& report back :smile:
Peace,
D8)

Driving_Hamster 02-07-2004 06:09 AM

JDS, I had version 36 installed on my MC last week. Seems to idle better now and I haven't yet had some of the stumble issues I had before either :grin:

cuny 02-07-2004 06:59 AM

got 36 installed yesterday. only 120 miles so far but she did run better and seemed to have great flow off the line. it felt like the stumble has gone. have not tryed to get the yo yo back mainly cause i hope it is gone also. the dealer said i was the second car to have it installed so we will see how it works. built 10/02 and driven off lot 1/03. im going to put in the short shifter today. should finish my mods for awhile. heaviest, slowest, and oldest driver in the northwest. :razz: :razz: short shifter in and very happy with the car and performance
:razz:

AmRov 02-16-2004 02:41 PM

HI, new user here. I'm trying to find out what software version I have. My car was completed Jan. 16, 2004; just took delivery last week. Experiencing sluggishnes between 2500 and 3500 RPMs... was told to look into the v.36 software upgrade, but shouldn't I already have the latest software? How can I check????

mbabischkin 02-16-2004 05:23 PM

You can't. There is no way for you to check on your own what software version is installed in the car the dealer has to do it...

Ryephile 02-16-2004 06:19 PM

--->AmRov - you already have V36 on your car. Oxford started putting V36 on all MINI's the middle of October, '03, I believe. mbabischkin is right, you can't easily check your DME code version, unfortunately.