Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Increased engine noise after service

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Brian G.
Coordinator :: MINIkota Car Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Increased engine noise after service

I just had my 2006 MINI Cooper S serviced. After I left the service center, I can now hear increased engine noise. It sounds as if there is a window open to the engine compartment. I can hear the fan and everything.

I had to have my clutch replaced and a coolant leak fixed (the thermostat). The dealer also performed Inspection I. I suspect the problem is probably due to the clutch replacement.

I live some distance from the dealership and I want to make sure that I know what the problem is before I bring it back to them. The dealer is Motorwerks MINI in Minneapolis. I've had problems with them in the past not completing the work correctly. In fact they replaced the micro filter and forgot to replace the screws that help hold the cover on for the filter.

Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Brian G.
Coordinator :: MINIkota Car Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Solved this problem. The boot around the steering column came loose at the floorboard. It was a simple matter to reattach.

Increased engine noise gone.