North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Stock Problems/Issues (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/stock-problems-issues-9/)
-   -   R53 Power Window Problem (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/stock-problems-issues/149840-r53-power-window-problem.html)

licoptman 08-01-2008 06:15 PM

R53 Power Window Problem

The drivers side window of my 04 s doesn't work at all. I can hear a click when I hit the switch but nothing happens. Does it have a relay somewhere?? Afraid I might break the window if I don't fix it soon, please help!

Krut 08-01-2008 06:19 PM

Common problem - motor relay is dying - while holding the switch to make the window move, thump the door panel - above the speaker, below the door open handle. That might unstick the relay in the motor.

guidmini 08-01-2008 07:17 PM

Lico. Try tapping on the glass. Not to hard or you could break it.
when its all the way up. door opnen tap on top of glass which holding the switch in down postion may come back alive.

If not bang on the door panel right below the tweeter above the midrange.

goodluck

rodH 08-10-2008 05:24 PM

This banging on the panel worked for me, but what is the perminent fix?

tropicatango 08-16-2008 06:54 PM

it is the window motor in the door, got same problem

pepegrande008 08-28-2008 11:04 AM

anyone know where the fys thread for the window fix??? or if there is one. driver side went last year and i spent like $300 on fix. I know i can do it myself now that the passenger side is shot

imortalsin84 10-29-2008 11:01 PM

i have the same problem...but on my car it sounds like when the automatic door locks go on it is doing some type of cross short cause it messes with my passenger door speaker...and when i first heard it do that i realized my window didnt work after that

Goodwood 12-07-2008 03:41 PM

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Krut (Post 2401212)
Common problem - motor relay is dying - while holding the switch to make the window move, thump the door panel - above the speaker, below the door open handle. That might unstick the relay in the motor.

Passenger window on my daughter's '03 CVT quit, but I could hear the clicking when activating the switch. I bumped the door panel with the side of my fist as prescribed above and "voila!" the window's working again, just fine thank you.

I understand this is still probably a problem that will re-appear when whatever is wearing out wears out further... anybody have a guess as to how long I can get by on just thumping the door panel?

Thanks again NAM, you saved me a few hundred bucks probably, at least for a while.

splicer65 12-07-2008 05:42 PM

I have been doing the "thump" about once a month for almost 2 years! But, my 72K '03 S will be gone this week. I give up Hello Honda Accord .:thumbsup:

Paul

Xer0 Ph0kus 12-07-2008 06:14 PM

Well this is eerie, I literally just 10 minutes ago had this problem on the passenger side window. I came here to see if anyone had a fix and what do you know, I see your topic 3 down from the stickies.

Awesome for the help, my car is still under warranty so when I get back to being around a dealer I might just take it to them and have them fix it up for me, until then though, I'll be thumping away.

MrCooperS 12-07-2008 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Xer0 Ph0kus (Post 2582359)
Well this is eerie, I literally just 10 minutes ago had this problem on the passenger side window. I came here to see if anyone had a fix and what do you know, I see your topic 3 down from the stickies.

Awesome for the help, my car is still under warranty so when I get back to being around a dealer I might just take it to them and have them fix it up for me, until then though, I'll be thumping away.

Actually this is a very common problem. My passenger side window motor died. When my mechanic took it apart to look at it, he brushed off some shrapnel and debris, and now it works. However, I feel like my window motors on both window is moving slower and slower going up and down.