Shop Recommendations for Mods and Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 11:29 AM
MiniCoop24
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shop Recommendations for Mods and Maintenance

Hi fellow Mini owners!

I am new to the forums and just bought a R56. I would like some recommendations on shops here in the San Gabriel area for both minor mods and maintenance. Thanks!

Old 09-30-2017, 09:30 PM
MiniCoop24
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any recommendations???

Old 08-03-2022, 08:38 AM
mrwonder
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1! Any recommendations in East LA?

Old 08-05-2022, 01:09 PM
iceeyr56s
Neutral
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
im near east LA and i take my mini to MiniCorsa in NoHo off on burbank blvd. Danny has been my mechanic since owning my mini, and he's the only one ill let work on it.

The following users liked this post:
Juan Camilo Roldan (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 04:18 PM
Juan Camilo Roldan
Neutral
Originally Posted by iceeyr56s
im near east LA and i take my mini to MiniCorsa in NoHo off on burbank blvd. Danny has been my mechanic since owning my mini, and he's the only one ill let work on it.
I bought an 03 MCS last week and just dropped off my Mini with Danny today. I'm getting a couple of repairs done as well as the upgraded pulley. Im all the way in San Pedro, and decided to take the drive to NH to have Minicorsa work on my car.

So, how do you like this place so far? I definitely want to find one good mechanic for the Mini and stick with them.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:00 PM
iceeyr56s
Neutral
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Camilo Roldan
I bought an 03 MCS last week and just dropped off my Mini with Danny today. I'm getting a couple of repairs done as well as the upgraded pulley. Im all the way in San Pedro, and decided to take the drive to NH to have Minicorsa work on my car.

So, how do you like this place so far? I definitely want to find one good mechanic for the Mini and stick with them.
i love it. he can be a bit -- straight forward and blunt but thats what i like. Doesnt beat around the bush or lie. I call him and tell him whats wrong, and he'll tell me when to bring it in and he'll take care of it in a day or two max. He works on my z4 as well. He usually starts working on the car right away too.

i went to firestone the other day for an 8am appointment for my mom's corolla because it needed some new tires and an oil change. Car wasnt ready until 2:30pm. like god damn 8am appointment for what then? Maybe im just used to the speedy service at mini corsa

The following users liked this post:
Juan Camilo Roldan (08-11-2022)
Old 08-11-2022, 06:06 AM
Juan Camilo Roldan
Neutral
Originally Posted by iceeyr56s
i love it. he can be a bit -- straight forward and blunt but thats what i like. Doesnt beat around the bush or lie. I call him and tell him whats wrong, and he'll tell me when to bring it in and he'll take care of it in a day or two max. He works on my z4 as well. He usually starts working on the car right away too.

i went to firestone the other day for an 8am appointment for my mom's corolla because it needed some new tires and an oil change. Car wasnt ready until 2:30pm. like god damn 8am appointment for what then? Maybe im just used to the speedy service at mini corsa
yeah regular auto shops are super slow. I noticed Danny is really straight to the point and a no nonsense kinda guy. I had gotten a PPI from this other recommended Mini, but they were taking forever to give me a quote on the repairs I needed. Desperate to have this car fixed asap, I came across Danny’s Minicorsa shop and decided to hit him up. He responded immediately with a good price and estimate of completion.

The reviews on him are excellent and he seems to have been working on Minis for many years.

Thanks for vouching for him, it really gives me better peace of mind knowing the car is in good hands.