South Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisianna, and Texas

Need MINI service in Austin TX

Old 12-09-2004, 12:42 PM
GothamAJP
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need MINI service in Austin TX

Hi there -

I've just relocated to the Austin area from MD and my poor MINI isn't too happy after spending several days on the back of a transporter.

Apart from being covered in so much road dust that it looks more off-yellow than British Racing Green, the tire pressure warning light is now permenantly illuminated (and yes I have checked the tires and reinflated them to the correct pressures) and the DSC won't engage - the warning light is on and flicking the toggle switch doesnt do anything - I can still easliy spin the wheels no matter how many ways and times I flick the switch.

Does anyone know of somewhere in the Austin TX region that services MINIs ( a friendly authorised BMW dealer?) and would take a look, or do I have to make the trip down to San Antonio - which seems to be the nearest MINI dealership?

Thanks

Alan J. Porter
BRG / MCS

Old 12-09-2004, 01:21 PM
scotteast
Old School!
San Antonio is the nearest dealer. There have been rumors of an Austin dealer opening soon for about two years now, but I don't think anything has been officially announced.

Instead, you may want to check with Terry Sayther Automotive in Austin. They work on MINIs and BMWs and can probably help you with the problem you describe.

http://www.terrysaytherauto.com/

Good luck!

Old 12-09-2004, 03:40 PM
phase IV
1st Gear
Has anyone asked BMWofAustin when/if they're going to start selling Minis?

Old 12-10-2004, 07:27 AM
GothamAJP
Neutral
Thanks for the information Scott - I called them and they are going to take a look at it.

Cheers

Alan

Old 08-30-2006, 07:12 AM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
I've been having a few problems and took MINITOR into Terry Sayther Auto last week. They seem to know MINIs but I have not been impressed with the customer service and don't have the same feeling of trust that I had with my last shop in Seattle. Has anyone in Austin had good experiences at Terry Sayther or have any other shops in Austin to reccommend?

Old 08-30-2006, 02:06 PM
skitelluride531
Former Vendor
I have not had any personal experience with Terry's, but I have heard pretty good things about him with the exception of the above ^^.

If in the future, you are looking for a shop to install parts on your MINI, try www.soulspeed.com .

Also, about the "yellowish looking british racing green" , I do detailing on the side in Austin, TX. You can check my site www.windsorautodetail.com . And, of course, I give special prices for MINIs !

Old 08-31-2006, 05:31 PM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
Well Terry's did my oil change and installed a new fan assembly, and all came out fine. More expensive than I am used to, but I was a bit spoiled in Seattle maybe. I may check out Soulspeed as I need some other issues worked on - allignment, cracked upper strut mount, brakes. Maybe I will give them a go and see who I am more comfortable with. Soulspeed does look a bit less expensive. Thanks for the recommendation.