North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   South (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/south-22/)
-   -   Mini Motoring Club of Louisiana (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/south/12043-mini-motoring-club-of-louisiana.html)

lancefaucheux 07-02-2003 03:39 PM

I am a Client Advisor at Brian Harris BMW-MINI in Baton Rouge, LA. I've been interested in MINI's since they first came out. I just started selling MINI's a week and a half ago. I moved over from the BMW Pre-owned side of our dealership. I am hooked, can't wait to order mine, a Cooper S, Dark Silver with almost all of the options.

My being hooked on these cars and seeing how enthusiastic people are about them made me think, is there a club, when can we take a road trip etc. I'd like to see a line of 10+ MINI's going down the Interstate

I don't think there is one, i've spoken to some of the powers here at Brian Harris BMW-MINI, and we'll pay for the club website, and organize/sponsor the club. What do ya'll think? Let me know how interested yall are and where ya'll are. Also, who wants to help?

Also, I have plenty MINI's in stock and lot's more on there way, Cooper's and Cooper S's...If you know anyone interested, let me know, either by email or phone.

Lance Faucheux
Client Advisor

Brian Harris BMW-MINI
Baton Rouge, LA
225-772-0912 Mobile
225-754-1276 Office
lancefaucheux@brianharrisbmw.com

g3 07-03-2003 02:47 PM

Lance,
I am interested! I'll send you an e-mail.

lancefaucheux 07-03-2003 08:40 PM

thanks g3..I look forward to gettin started. i won't be able to check that email until saturday, yall have a good 4th of july...

lance

LJAJr 07-03-2003 09:21 PM

I'm interested. I live in Kenner and purchased my car from Eric Sisko. I'll be in the dealership next week to have some modifications done. I'll introduce myself. What is your work schedule? :roll:

lancefaucheux 07-04-2003 10:44 AM

My day off is Thursday, i'll be there every other day. I look forward to meeting you.

fins4284 07-04-2003 07:18 PM

I'd be interested. Bought my car at Brian Harris. Recently left Baton Rouge for MS but am close enough for get togethers with plenty of advanced notice. I'll be bringing my MCS in to get door panels replaced in the next few weeks and will make sure to say hello.
BTW: Why in the heck is MS in the southeast region????

kenxtl 07-07-2003 09:56 PM

I'm in Thibodaux & interested. Next time I'm in for a coolant recovery tank I'll say hello. When ya'll are up & running, please inform. MCS PS/PS since August 2002.
18,000 miles & still enjoy every ride.......................

KEN

invaliduser 07-08-2003 08:15 AM

Lance..
I'll be coming by the shop this week to show Eric the new wheels and the pulley. I showed the wheels to you last week when he was on vacation.
Count me in for the club. I can assist with the web site and can host the site if needed.
I can probably get one or two aftermarket shops to sponser us as well.

IU

lancefaucheux 07-08-2003 09:41 AM

IU,

Sounds great. I may ask you to help with the design/architecture of the site, the dealership already pledged to set-up a MINI club website on our servers, so I say let's use that.

I would like to schedule a meeting so we could all get together and start setting up the club. How does a Sunday sound to everybody.

The next problem will be the fact that I don't have a MINI yet...lol, maybe the dealership can help me out with that.

Lance

invaliduser 07-08-2003 11:42 AM

They should let u drive that old beat up silver one. That poor thing has already had a new clutch installed among other things.
Putting it on their server would be sweet. I'd be glad to assist with design and content.
This Sunday? Location BH?
Need to get an email list going.

Lance, what do you think about this idea?
Lisa does the marketing for DeAngelo's retaurant here in town. I'm waiting to here back from Louis the owner about a sponsership. I will write up a proposal if its ok with the members. I'm asking for a discount on food for the club in a once a month dinner/lunch meeting. In return we can make them an official sponser by put their logo on the club site and a link to their site. I think a bunch of Mini's in their parking lot will draw alot of attention for customers.

How about everyone sending a personal message to Lance with an email address?

lancefaucheux 07-09-2003 08:05 AM

What should the club be called?

- MINI Motoring Club of Louisiana

- Southeast MINI Motoring Society

- Gulf States MINI Motoring Society

- Bayou MINI Club

Just a few ideas to get us started...

Yall throw out some ideas.

brmotoringadvisor 07-09-2003 08:16 AM

This is Lance Faucheux, I just changed my user name to let people know what I do, rather than just my name.

Stands for:

Baton Rouge's Motoring Advisor

Anywho, what do yall think about the name for the club, let's here what you think.

invaliduser 07-09-2003 09:31 AM

I like MINI Motoring Club of Louisiana.
Are there santioned Mini clubs in the US? Similar to BMW CCA.

brmotoringadvisor 07-09-2003 10:49 AM

Not sure, I'll ask around, your MINI Rep will be in town tommorrow, i'll ask her about that.

I like MINI Motoring Club of Louisiana also, let's just stick with that.

I'm going to post a new topic in the southern region, to see if I can get somepeople to join the club, so that I can for a preliminary list/email list.

Lance

Donna/Mike 07-09-2003 11:05 AM

No MINICCA as of yet........... :razz: :razz:
donna@dcmetrominis.org

brmotoringadvisor 07-09-2003 11:16 AM

Cool! Thanks Donna!

skorpyn 07-10-2003 10:47 AM

Count me in for the MINI Motoring Club of LA (if that's what we end up calling it).....e-mail cloar@hotmail.com
-Chris Loar

brmotoringadvisor 07-10-2003 02:10 PM

Excellent, Thanks Chris...i'll add you to our list, and send you an email with everyone else email

lance

Paulo 07-29-2003 07:18 AM

:cool: Hello Lance,
Just saw your postings about the club and the lapping day at NPR.
Sorry I could not make it that day.
I think we need to get a club started, CC's on Siegen would make a great place to meet before heading down to the track.... will Brian Harris help[ pay for a website?
Anyway keep me posted on any new developments.
Thanks,
Steve Diniz

mcs blk W/ chkbd top/spec-mini racer

brmotoringadvisor 07-29-2003 11:28 AM

Hey Steve,

We are starting a club, we will be holding our first business meeting on the Sunday, the 3RD of August, haven't established a meeting place yet. We are also planning some day drives and possibly a 2 day trip to Fredricksburg, TX for the 1st Annual MINI Cooper Rally and Poker Run.

Yes, I will be getting help on the website from Brian Harris.

I will ad your email to our mailing list so you can start getting caught up.

Lance

rcorby 08-03-2003 10:43 AM

Hey! I live in NOLA, bought my Cooper S from Brian Harris, and I just discovered this site. I've been following the Mini2 site since last fall.
I would love to be involved in a Mini club, especially if we can somehow get some hotlapping functions going at NoProblem Raceway's road course. I just discovered that in late May (at the IJ premiere in BR), and I was blown away at the quality of the track when I attended the road event that weekend.

I raced a bit some (many) years ago, and I'm in process of getting my heel/toe skills back, modifying the car somewhat (possible Quicksilver group buy to start), and I'm BACK--after too many years of being a Corporate ding-dong!

I'll send a separate email w/ particulars. Suggest, however, that you post the club's availability on Mini2 Website also.

Regards--Roger

epicuresquire 08-03-2003 02:22 PM

Enjoyed meeting everyone at the inagural Gulf South Mini Club meeting this morning. Looking forward to many more drive and dine's in the future. Take care,

Christian :smile:
ctavery@eatel.net

brmotoringadvisor 08-04-2003 07:48 PM

MINI Motoring Club of Louisiana has be renamed to the Gulf South MINI Club. We voted this Sunday to change it, in order to include neighboring states.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ic=14124&0

Also, be sure to check out the new pics in the gallery.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...view_album.php

:smile:

tontobird 02-14-2004 11:57 PM

Visiting from the Philadelphia area, yesterday afternoon I saw a Pure Silver/Black MCS on Royal St. in the French Quarter.

I had several hours time on a balcony at 633 Bourbon St. earlier tonight and saw a young guy and gal wearing MINI Cooper hats, I put on my hat and made myself known. Are you out there? Of course, they could have been from a different area as well and just visiting for Mardi Gras.

Ciao!

Miniracer_03 03-10-2004 01:16 PM

Im up here in the shreveport bossier area. anyone around here? there is a SCCA solo2 event this sunday the 17 at red river raceway i will be there competing. if any one is interested pm me with questions. hope to hear from yall. :smile: