South East - Carolinas North and South Carolina

Monthly Raleigh Mini Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 12:05 PM
1MiniGrl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking with Chris at the MINI Meet and Greet in Charlotte, we would like to try and get a monthly Meet and Greet here in Raleigh, even if it's just for dinner somewhere. Chris, feel free to PM me and we can discuss this so we can get the ball rolling for next month.

I know that there are a lot of MINIs here in Raleigh, but unsure if some people know about NAM...I know I didn't until I talked with Bob and he told me about this. Talking with George and I thought that it was a good idea to try and get some small cards, almost buisness like, with the NAM website on it. I have no idea on how to do any graphic art stuff, but I can give it a try.

If anyone has suggestions on places to eat, that would be great! Some where centralized to Raleigh-Durham and Apex. I'm not far from any main highway being in Raleigh so it's no biggie to me to meet where ever it would be easier for most.

I also had an idea of possibly doing a run to Doswell up to Kings Dominion sometime this summer possibly...this is something that we can talk with the MINI owners in Virginia as well...get a big group and I can see if Kings Dominion and some hotels would give us a discount if we get enough people to go.

Anyway, that's about what I know! Hopefully we can get enough people to do this! I think it'll be great!

Michelle

Old 05-18-2004, 07:25 AM
minicoopermike
6th Gear
Michelle, I could help out with a Kings Dominion (or Busch Gardens) event as I live about 20 minutes southwest of the park in the Richmond suburbs. I don't go there often, but I know there are some fun backroads one could take to get there

Old 05-18-2004, 07:33 AM
1MiniGrl
Banned
That would be awesome. I'm hoping to get enough people interested in Raleigh for a dinner Meet and Greet and possibly go over some future rallies and all that we could do. I'm sure not all adults like the park, but it keeps the kids entertained, but hey, I love a roller coaster ride just as much as the next guy.

If you know anyone in the Virginia area who woul dwant to be a part, that would be great too. this way, we can meet people from the Virginia area. Thanks so much for offering to help me out! I'm new at this, so all the help would be great!

Michelle

Old 05-18-2004, 08:06 AM
Mini03Tiger84
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
>>That would be awesome. I'm hoping to get enough people interested in Raleigh for a dinner Meet and Greet and possibly go over some future rallies and all that we could do. I'm sure not all adults like the park, but it keeps the kids entertained, but hey, I love a roller coaster ride just as much as the next guy.
>>
>>If you know anyone in the Virginia area who woul dwant to be a part, that would be great too. this way, we can meet people from the Virginia area. Thanks so much for offering to help me out! I'm new at this, so all the help would be great!
>>
>>Michelle

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for starting the thread.

Certainly for the King's Dominion idea, we should make sure the Mid-Atlantic group knows about our plans and I'd bet we get additional participation. They are a pretty active group.

We should avoid days that already have groups at the park. I was there on May 15th with my son's chorus and the park was extremely busy. We only got 5-6 rides in 6 hours. King's Dominion Group info

Old 05-18-2004, 08:36 AM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
Hi folks. As usual I'll try to make any event you organize. For the meet and greets I'll have to throw in that Sunday's work best for me. Thanks for getting something going a little "closer to home". If I can ever figure out a way to get in contact with the owners here in town we might be able to get some of them to join in on the fun.