North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Sota MINIs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/sota-minis-108/)
-   -   MINI Dealership (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/sota-minis/137853-mini-dealership.html)

Mini_Chan 04-26-2008 06:02 PM

MINI Dealership

Hello everyone, my cousin's girlfriend is planning on buying a MINI from the dealership in Minneapolis, and was wondering how you think about the service there. Do they usually keep prices at MSRP, or would they make a deal? Which MA is the best? How is the service dept there? She already test droved the new one and she really loves it, so if anyone can help with these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

:thumbsup:

adame 04-26-2008 06:15 PM

Overall I've been happy with Motorwerks over the years. I started dealing with them since before they knew they had the dealership awarded to them. I really enjoy the management and I've dealt with Charlie on more than one deal for a MINI. He's super cool, laid back and doesn't BS. He's driven all sorts of MINIs: from a standard Cooper, a DINAN'd MCS and now a Clubman. He's definitely a driver.
I haven't had much to do with the new service dept. lately, but I've heard good things lately. I will be going in for an oil change early next week, so I should be able to report back shortly.

Hope it all works out for your cousin's girlfriend.

Gil-galad 04-26-2008 06:19 PM

I can't speak for sales, but I have had two first-rate personal experiences with the service department at Motorwerks. On the first visit they gave me a nice MINI loaner for the day (I'm 150 miles from the dealership) -- an '06 Purple Haze Cabrio.

My second visit was the full first maintenance check and passenger-side motor mount replacement. I camped out in the lounge and used the time to do some work on my laptop; the SA came by several times to give me an update on progress and I was done in ~3 hrs which was quicker than I had expected.

I've always been pleased with their professionalism, friendly attitude, and quality of work.

Mini_Chan 04-26-2008 10:16 PM

Good to hear the service is good, I'm guessing that they usually don't sell cars below MSRP.

adame 04-28-2008 06:11 AM

I really haven't heard. I think maybe if you're looking for something other than an '08 you might be able to....but mostly I've heard MSRP is the wya to go.

dustinhxc 05-12-2008 10:55 PM

I love MOTORWERKS MINI!! : )
Tucker in service is great and the sales upstairs are nice, the cashiers were nice. love that place! my insurance didnt cover my hatch not opening but they paid for it, called it, bmw customer something. i couldnt believe it, $250 for free. great place.

Vampyre777 05-10-2010 09:00 AM

I know this is 2 years old but im looking for any recent comments about motorwerks in general.

Being the only mini dealer in MN I want to make sure they will take care of the customer after the sale.

AVMini101 05-10-2010 12:45 PM

I bought my MCCS from Motorwerks in 2009. I dealt with Charlie. He is a top notch guy. He dealt with me in a very straight forward, no BS fashion. I can not speak more highly of him and the rest of the store.
I have only had the car in twice since I picked it up. Once was to get an oil change at the 5000 mile mark, and once to get a rattle taken care of. Not one problem. Good, fast service. If there is any question, they communicate quickly.
In my book, not one negative about the car or the dealership. :thumbsup:

MarqFlyer 05-13-2010 05:21 AM

Bought my '10 MCS Mayfair from Motorwerks back in February. Sales experience was generally good when I was in the shop, and the day or delivery experience was good as well. My MA (Sarah) has since left the dealership, so I can't help with advice about who to use now.

As far as price, it was clearly MSRP for any cars (like mine) that had to be ordered. However, I could have gotten a small discount ($500?) if I'd have taken one that was on the lot.

Can't speak for the service yet....

New2MeMiniS 07-03-2010 06:45 PM

I haven't been particularly impressed, they replaced the motor in my car and it took them 9 weeks and they communicated extremely poorly and lied at times for being late. It then took another week to replace the tensioner because the mini long block came with the bad one. If I had another choice I would try it. I am hoping the new BMW dealer in MTKA gets certified for MINI's.

strobeyprobey 08-20-2010 07:01 AM

Nine weeks!? Wow...They had a family member's 6 series for well over a week trying to discover the battery was bad (that I told it was probably a bad battery) and somehow the car acquired almost 300 miles. "OH of course we let the tech take them home" WTF!?!!???!??? Yeah and do you let the tech's replace the clutch and the tires that have half the tread as when the car went in? Oh and of course six months later the clutch failed on the car.

strobeyprobey 08-20-2010 07:03 AM

As a side note, for my MINI they have been very good to me fixing rattles and the minor issues I have had. I just hope when I bring it in for the next service they replace the sunroof that STILL won't open in the sunshine.