Solo R56 JCW fell over in AutoX

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 07:55 PM
RZV
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R56 JCW fell over in AutoX

Over 20 events this year and for the first time, the car showed its displeasure. At different locations on the track during the second half of a 75 degree day, the car just had no acceleration coming out of a corner when you went back to the gas...even with the pedal all the way to the floor. There were absolutely No lights on the dash and no codes could be read.

At the start of each run, I verify A/C is off, turn on Sport Mode and hold down the DSC button until the light shows on the tach (as well as the speedo). This day was no different. Only one thing to note that was uncommon...On the last run, the DSC would not deactivate as I approached to the start line. I turned the car off and back on and then it seemed to let me turn it off (at least according to the dash it was off). Any ideas on what could be happening.

Marty

Old 09-19-2017, 08:01 PM
RZV
Neutral
Updated my iCarsoft i910 and it shows two DSC codes: 5DE9 ASC/DSC button: signal implausible. 5DAE Brake fluid level too low.

I added fluid but the reservoir was by no means low. Maybe it was a from a long time ago. I will buy a new DSC button and see what happens. Can anyone confirm...does the triangle come on along with the DSC on the Tach?

Marty

Old 09-20-2017, 04:48 AM
Burglar
3rd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Pressing the DSC button erratically or holding it for an excessive time possibly could've tripped that "signal implausible" code. That's how I used to do it in my RX8 actually. One press turned the system off, but iirc it could get reactivated in certain situations where ABS was used on course. A long press faulted out the whole system, but required a key cycle to turn it back on.

Shot in the dark because I don't know, but DSC uses the brake / abs system to work, correct? Maybe air in the system or a bad sensor? And it defaults back to "on" mode just in case?

Is there a timestamp with the brake fluid code?

My car is TC only so I don't have your fancy pants problems.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:32 PM
RZV
Neutral
Thanks for the reply. No time stamp available but I cleared the codes and nothing has come back yet with normal driving. Another AutoX this weekend so I will see if the power drop happens after hard braking. Or maybe when the inside rear tire lifts (a glance at your pic made me think of that).