Solo DMC is Crowdfunding a Race Car for Nationals 2014!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 09:35 PM
BAMini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DMC is Crowdfunding a Race Car for Nationals 2014!

Hey everyone, I am writing to you to ask you for your support financially or otherwise.

I am doing this because I have a strong belief that a group of young people at my alma mater, UC Davis, are going to accomplish something amazing. This group is called the Davis Motorsports Club. They intend to acquire a competitive race car, race the 2014 season, and show the world what they are made of at the 2014 Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals.

I also believe that they are the future stewards of our sport. And I have seen many UCD/DMC alumni, including myself leave Davis, CA to continue to contribute to their racing communities. I have no illusions of DMC being the sole catalyst to all of their racing careers. But I believe that at this point in their lives they have a want and a drive to race cars where DMC has been the only student organization I have ever seen to so strongly support this sport (outside of FSAE) . And I am asking you to contribute to their opportunity, to give them access, and to make them able to achieve something that you and I had not the opportunity as college students.

THEY believe that it is possible, and I want to give them the same belief by donating to their cause. Please join me in helping these young people do something amazing! They have built a crowdfunding page to help them get the word out.

We all can relate to a great Senna quote:
"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else."

Thank you for reading this and considering making whatever contribution you can. DMC will only receive your pledge if they hit their goal (funding period over on February 23rd)! Pledge here!

Alex Kang
Davis Motorsports Club

Attached Thumbnails DMC is Crowdfunding a Race Car for Nationals 2014!-crowdtilt3.jpg