Smoky Mountain MINIs The club forum of the Smoky Mountain MINIs in Eastern Tennessee. Visit the club site at www.smokymountainmini.org

[Smoky Mountain MINIs] mellowyellow sighting

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:28 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Smoky Mountain MINIs] mellowyellow sighting

Yesterday Bill and Catherine G. stopped by our MINI at Aloha Tower/MINI to the MAX in event, in Honolulu, Hawaii, to say hi. It was nice meeting them. Bill gave me a card with your website on it so I thought I'd check this forum and your website out. Looks like they were enjoying themselves on a nice sunny day.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
queenB
Coordinator :: Smoky Mountain MINIs
You met some of our nicest SMM folks. I didn't know they were going to HI. I hope they are having a great time.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:21 PM
mellowyellow
1st Gear
Life is good when you can be out in the sun and play with Minis. We had a great time and saw some really great cars. Chris would be drooling over the one with the $10000 worth of speakers and video equipment!! Wish more could have been here to see everyone. Road trip - well almost! But there is an interstate!?

Old 11-13-2006, 05:33 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Hey Bill, this is Dirk (of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club).

That crazy audio demo car was the local Fosgate rep's car and I heard it actually had $30,000 work of AV in it! I also heard his wife is not happy because now she can't just drive it around town like she use to do.

I hope I didn't blow your secret trip in Hawaii by starting this thread. If you are here on Saturday, we have a cruise planned and you and Catherine are welcome to join us.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:35 PM
queenB
Coordinator :: Smoky Mountain MINIs
LOL, we've had a lot of fun with our MINI of HI license plate holders for several years now. We bought them as souvenirs back in early '03. With no MINI dealership in east Tennessee it has confused the heck out of the locals when trying to figure out where they could buy a MINI.
Ya'll come back safe. Enjoy that long flight home.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:18 AM
mellowyellow
1st Gear
Dirk
Sorry we have to miss the run. We are leaving on Thursday. It was a quick trip to Hi - so no one knew but a few at work - I think I told Donna - but women never listen to me any way!!
Donna has been confusing people from all over with her plate cover. I should have brought one over from Tn to swap!

Old 11-17-2006, 01:44 PM
mellowyellow
1st Gear
OH - home again and it is so cold!! ha Now there are going to be 2 "Mini of Hawaii" license covers!! I got one for Catherine's car - I keep the submarine plate on mine.

Man the trip back is brutal - 10 years between trips will help you forget! Not in a hurry to do it again. Thanks again to the folks in Hawaii - I was showing the pics to the office people of the car show. Enjoying it all over again.