North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Site Feedback (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/site-feedback-13/)
-   -   Thanks vs No Thanks (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/site-feedback/323878-thanks-vs-no-thanks.html)

Minnie.the.Moocher 02-06-2018 10:07 AM

Thanks vs No Thanks

So why do we only have a THANKS button and not a NO THANKS button on posts?

Every time somebody posts about something illegal I'd like to NO THANK them without writing an inflammatory post which just causes everyone extra grief.

vetsvette 02-06-2018 10:15 AM

I agree with you that it needs to be changed. I would go with like/dislike buttons instead of "Thanks".

Mini_Vinnie 02-06-2018 10:26 AM

Is it possible to have a Reddit type system, vote up if you like, vote down if you don't?

Whine not Walnuts 02-06-2018 10:28 AM

It is being kicked around, will keep you advised of what the powers to be have to say.

A thumbs up or a thumbs down.

Of course you know that in the days of the Romans the thumbs down meant you lived??????

And if you know that one, do you know why sports are played in an Arena??

Qik420 02-06-2018 10:29 AM

Just make the move to Motoring Alliance.

Whine not Walnuts 02-06-2018 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Qik420 (Post 4365845)
Just make the move to Motoring Alliance.

And why would anybody do that?

vetsvette 02-06-2018 10:31 AM

Oh, I visit there often, but get tired of people badmouthing my F car. More 3rd Gen content here.

Whine not Walnuts 02-06-2018 10:32 AM

More everything here

Whine not Walnuts 02-06-2018 10:34 AM

Don't take me wrong as I am a member there as well. IMO there is more information here and more members that post on a daily basis.

Qik420 02-06-2018 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Whine not Walnuts (Post 4365846)
And why would anybody do that?

To have a like and dislike option. As well as active site ownership and a recently updated site.

Whine not Walnuts 02-06-2018 11:58 AM

I hope they do well with their changes. I encourage anybody that recognizes the MINI as a great handling car to get involved.

Whine not Walnuts 02-06-2018 12:13 PM

No question that nobody was minding the store here a couple of years back, but that changed last year. There are efforts underway to update NAM as well. In the meantime, NAM still has an immense amount of information and is the most viewed MINI forum out there. The best thing that NAM has is the amount of members that take the time to get involved and help others out.

squawSkiBum 02-06-2018 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher (Post 4365827)
So why do we only have a THANKS button and not a NO THANKS button on posts?

Every time somebody posts about something illegal I'd like to NO THANK them without writing an inflammatory post which just causes everyone extra grief.

That's a lot of catless downpipe posts to :thumbsdown:

Qik420 02-07-2018 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Whine not Walnuts (Post 4365892)
No question that nobody was minding the store here a couple of years back, but that changed last year. There are efforts underway to update NAM as well. In the meantime, NAM still has an immense amount of information and is the most viewed MINI forum out there. The best thing that NAM has is the amount of members that take the time to get involved and help others out.

Good, this place was like the wild west. I'd like to see both MA and NAM do well, there's no reason both can't exist.
Cheers!

Whine not Walnuts 02-07-2018 04:46 AM

Well there are more than a couple of Sheriffs here now.

Qik420 02-07-2018 05:27 AM

Bout time!

Whine not Walnuts 02-07-2018 05:48 AM

Where have you been for the past year??????????

Qik420 02-07-2018 06:24 AM

Not here really. I'm usually not too active in the MINI world until MOTD chatter begins. I checked out of here after my first few months membership. Didn't care for ownership/site management.

Whine not Walnuts 02-07-2018 06:32 AM

So who made all the posts under your name in July, August, September, October and November of 2017?

miniCPA 02-07-2018 06:49 AM

After reading the first line of the post "So why do we only have a THANKS button and not a NO THANKS button on posts?" I had a strong objection. Having only Thanks is an excellent opportunity to keep the forum friendly. I like Thanks far more than a simple thumbs up or like.

The second line of the post "Every time somebody posts about something illegal I'd like to NO THANK..." is a great point.

Perhaps the addition of an "Inappropriate Comment" could be added. Posts marked Inappropriate could be directed to a moderator for review. An alternative to overburdening the moderators could be to pull a post with 3 (or some other number) Inappropriate votes off the forum and a person with 3 Inappropriate posts could be marked for review for suspension.

Qik420 02-07-2018 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Whine not Walnuts (Post 4366109)
So who made all the posts under your name in July, August, September, October and November of 2017?

By checked out meaning stopped being as involved with supporting/recommending it. I still come here to share MINI ideas and preferences etc. To be fair I haven't really noticed you on here until just recently, and haven't really noticed site differences from before. Gotta say it's awesome to of found a mod that's as involved as you. Makes this place feel even more welcoming. :thumbsup:

Qik420 02-07-2018 07:18 AM

[QUOTE=Minnie.the.Moocher;4365827
Every time somebody posts about something illegal [/QUOTE]

What do you mean illegal? Like emissions stuff?

vetsvette 02-07-2018 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by miniCPA (Post 4366112)
After reading the first line of the post "So why do we only have a THANKS button and not a NO THANKS button on posts?" I had a strong objection. Having only Thanks is an excellent opportunity to keep the forum friendly. I like Thanks far more than a simple thumbs up or like.

The second line of the post "Every time somebody posts about something illegal I'd like to NO THANK..." is a great point.

Perhaps the addition of an "Inappropriate Comment" could be added. Posts marked Inappropriate could be directed to a moderator for review.

I've had time to read the responses to these suggestions and am more inclined to just have the "Thanks/Like" button only.
As for flagging inappropriate comments/posts we already have the little triangular "report post" icon at the top right of every post. Click on that and it will be picked up by a moderator for action if needed.

Originally Posted by Qik420 (Post 4366126)
What do you mean illegal? Like emissions stuff?

I was thinking more along the lines of setting your hair on fire and driving down the sidewalk. :grin:

miniCPA 02-07-2018 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by vetsvette (Post 4366172)
I was thinking more along the lines of setting your hair on fire and driving down the sidewalk. :grin:

That one would be appropriately followed with a post of "That would be really stupid" Said in a nice way of course.

Whine not Walnuts 02-07-2018 11:18 AM

Hmm differences in the past year:

1.) Five new moderators,
2.) Added FAQ Sections to Gen1, 2 and 3,
4.) A moderator specifically to assist in buy a new MINI,
5.) Added a "Buying a Used Gen1 MINI" thread,
6.) Working on a 'Buying a Used Gen2 MINI" thread,
7.) Thread discussing placing the Countryman/Paceman into the respective Gen2 and Gen3,
8.) Thread discussing a Build Thread Competition,
9.) Thread discussing whether politics should be included in the Off Topic Area. This thread has 118 posts with over 2,770 views,
10.) Thread discussing changes to the NAM layout,